The Modigliani Research Grants aim to support academic research in Europe as well as to reinforce the cooperation among universities.
The competition is open to young researchers of any nationality employed at any European universities within UniCredit perimeter.
The Foundation offers 4 grants for research projects in the fields of economics and finance.
Each grant is worth €10,000 per year (gross of taxes) and shall be awarded for a maximum duration of two years.
Applications must be submitted online no later than 15 November 2018. The winner will be selected by the Scientific Committee of the Foundation and will be announced by February 15, 2019.
How to apply
Candidates may only apply online using the application form available on the Foundation’s website at www.unicreditanduniversities.eu.
In the application each candidate must indicate:
her/his first name, surname, nationality, date and place of birth;
- her/his mailing address, including post code, as well as telephone number and e-mail address;
- a short description of the research project;
- that she/he has never been convicted of any crimes and that she/he has never been held in preventive detention or under house arrest;
- that there are no criminal proceedings pending against her/him;
- that she/he authorizes the Foundation to process her/his personal details, pursuant to regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents (submitted online in PDF format and in English). Failure to do so may result in the exclusion from the competition:
- Curriculum Vitae
- one copy of a currently valid identification document
- at least two letters of reference written by international experts in the research field of the submitted project. Letters must be sent separately via e-mail by the experts to the Foundation address (see contacts below)
- research project (max 5 pages)
- implications of the project on candidate’s university and cooperation with other universities, explaining how the project could contribute to improve international cooperation and increase the reputation of the candidate's university in the scientific community (max 1 page)
- indication of expected submissions of the research to international conferences
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Turkey, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Serbia
Milan , Italy