In 2019, the Women & Science Chair launches its first call for research projects related to the priority themes of the Chair (see below). It is aimed at the entire academic community without any restrictions in terms of disciplines or in terms of methodology (field studies, modeling, empirical studies, experimental approaches, etc.). Every year, at least 5 research projects will be selected and will receive support of up to € 10,000.
The Women & Science Chair at Paris-Dauphine University, created with the support of the L'Oréal Foundation, Generali, La Poste and Talan, aims to mobilize and develop multidisciplinary approaches to analyze the determinants and the impact of the low presence of women in scientific studies and careers.
Projects conducted by senior researchers (at least 3 years after the doctorate) are eligible, regardless of nationality, place of practice or discipline. Applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 17th, 2019 at midnight. Each application will consist of a brief description of the project (maximum 2.5 pages) in French or in English:
• ½ page of summary,
• 1 page for the methodology,
• ½ page including the list of participants and the financing needs of the project,
• ½ page for the calendar and contextual elements (does the project have already started, is the research project based on particular studies or experiments, etc.),
• The CV of the project leader (mandatorily a senior researcher).
The members of the steering committee of the Women & Science Chair, as well as the members of the scientific committee, will evaluate the applications.
The selection criteria are: the adequacy of the project with the themes of the call for projects, the scientific excellence of the project, the quality of the team of researchers involved, the innovative dimension of the project, the scope of the expected results, where appropriate, transdisciplinarity.
Particular interest will be given to projects involving researchers from different disciplines and/or involving international analyzes and comparisons.
Selected projects must mention the support of the Chair.
April 17, 2019 at midnight: closing of the 2019 call for projects
April 18 - May 10, 2019: evaluation of the applications
Mid-May: Announcement of selected projects and signing of agreements
September 2020: Sharing the conclusions of each project
4. Priority Themes of the Women & Science Chair
- Career trajectories, career and wage gaps intra-company or cross-companies by sector (for example, in medicine), etc.
- Supply and demand in scientific tracks,
- Evaluation of public policies or experiments and international benchmarks,
- Impact of not taking gender into account in the design of scientific studies,
- Impact of the absence or under-representation of women in scientific sectors on the quality of research and strategic decisions
- Determinants of the lower representation of women in scientific tracks and careers: impact of the environment (social representations, parents, teachers, men, family life), links between choice of courses/tracks and school performance, self-confidence, risk aversion and decision, identification of rupture/dropout zones.
Fellowship / research funding
0 - 10000 EUR
Place du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny 75775 cedex 16
Paris , France