Tenure Track Position at the University of Vienna
The Rectorate of the University of Vienna invites applications for a tenure track position at the Faculty of Business, Economics and Statistics in the Field of Corporate Finance/Financial Intermediation, with particular interest in, but not limited to, empirical banking. The position is available as of Sept 1, 2017.
The advertised position is a scientific tenure track position: within the first two years of employment the University of Vienna will offer a “qualification agreement” if the scientific performance of the employee suggests that the required qualification can be reached. This agreement is connected with the title of “Assistant Professor” [AssistenzprofessorIn]. In case the goals of the “qualification agreement” are met, the employment will be made permanent and the title of the employee will be changed to “Associate Professor” [assoziierte/rProfessorIn].
Prerequisites for application:
- PhD and a minimum of 2 years of post-doc experience
- Scientific publications relevant to the field of corporate finance/financial intermediation
- Teaching experience or teaching concept
Complementary experience from a policy institution will be considered an advantage.
- Application letter (max. 5 pages), to be structured as follows:
- Achievements in research
- Experience and activities in teaching (and advancement of young researchers), teaching plans
- Achievements in knowledge transfer
- Research agenda and contribution to the scientific profile of the Faculty and the University
- CV and degree certificates/transcripts
- List of publications and working papers
- Scientific talks
- Acquired third-party fund projects (topic, runtime, origin, volume)
- Teaching evaluations
Further particulars on the position could be found under: http://personalwesen.univie.ac.at/en/for-applicants/tenure-tracks/faculty-of-business-economics-and-statistics/
Please send your application — preferably in English and in electronic form — to the Job Center of the University of Vienna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reference no.: 7201
The application deadline is 28 February 2017.