Top Think Tanks and Social Science Research Institutes in Spain and Latin America
This blog post is the third in a series of entries highlighting top think tanks around the globe. Last week we posted a list of top institutes in Europe, and yesterday we offered you a list of think tanks in the United States. Today we’ll focus on the Spanish-speaking world, with a list of top think tanks and research institutes in Spain and Latin America.
With this list we hope to highlight prominent institutions undertaking important research on diverse topics within the broad fields of politics, economics and international relations. Whether you’re interested in a job or internship or just want sources for top-notch analysis, this list is a great place to start.
- Argentine Council for International Relations, Argentina
- Freedom Foundation, Argentina
- Center for Public Studies (CEP), Chile
- Freedom and Development, Chile
- Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences (FLASCO), Costa Rica
- Center for Research and Teaching of Economics (CIDE), Mexico
- Group for the Analysis of Development (GRADE), Peru
- Barcelona Centre for International Affairs (CIDOB), Spain
- Foundation for International Relations and Foreign Dialogue (FRIDE), Spain
- Foundation for Analysis and Social Studies (FAES), Spain
We recognize that these three posts only covered certain regions, leaving out hundreds of highly respected institutes in areas including Asia and Africa. To take a look at the many other institutions with jobs, conferences and other listings on offer, head to the INOMICS website here. Additionally, please share your experiences with others by leaving a review on the INOMICS website for any institute where you have worked, studied or interned!
Photo credit: David Berkowitz
- Economics PhD Recruitment
How to Advertise your Doctoral Programs in Economics
Traditional Channels 1) Optimize your website: make sure the design and information placed on your PhD program website is optimized to answer prospective applicants’ questions. Include clear instructions on how to apply and provide a contact option for applicants to get in touch. Include information about research areas, cooperation with other institutions, research facilities available, etc.
- Inside INOMICS
Summer tips to make the most of your recruitment on INOMICS
1) Re-Use and Re-Activate Previous Announcements Our customer team will help you keep your content up-to-date online, or boost your next campaign. By keeping an existing page online, you can benefit from the “reputation” your opportunity has already gained with Google and other search engines (SEO).
- Campus Reviews
Why study at University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, Netherlands?
Programs available at HU This combination of conveying both knowledge and skills is key to the university experience at HU. As Lorenza explained, “The HU definitely allows a practical university experience. Although there is theory included in the courses, most of the projects consist in applying the theory to brands and experiences. It is an approach that not only helps students to be creative but also to be prepared for a future job.”