You will be enrolled as PhD student in Economics at the University of Vienna starts on 1st of October 2017. You attend highly advanced courses and research seminars where you, like other researchers, present your work in progress. You conduct your own research and write your dissertation on a topic of your choice in the area of economics in the VGSE office. You may be called upon teaching due to extent regulations of wage agreement. Upon graduation from the University of Vienna (intended period is 3 years) yearly gross salary: € 28.308 → net € 20.120 (2016) you should have developed into an independent researcher of the highest academic standards. The completion of a dissertation agreement within 12-18 months is expected (if successful: extension-option for two years). Ability to integrate and work with fellow researchers. Be an active contributor to the working and research environment at VGSE. Very good presentation skills and ability to communicate ideas in a structured way.
1) Master´s or Diploma preferably in Economics (Mathematics, Statistics, Finance and studies related to Economics are also considered) completed by 1.10.2017;
2) very good knowledge of advanced macroeconomics, microeconomics, and econometrics;
3) high quantitative GRE Score; excellent English language skills (Toefl, IELTS or previous study program and thesis written in English);
4) 2 strong recommendation letters preferably by your professors;
5) structured research proposal (1-2 pages) and motivation letter;
6) transcript of top grades of the master studies;
7) Reading lists or syllabi for master level courses microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics.
Please submit all documents with the application code 7487 to job center (email@example.com.) by 30th of April 2017.
Faculty / phd candidate
Vienna , Austria