Job Opening Details
Location of Job Opening
The West Virginia University College of Physical Activity & Sport Sciences invites applications and nominations for the position of Assistant or Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Research. Candidates in the academic disciplines of Athletic Coaching Education, Athletic Training, Physical Education Teacher Education, Sport Management, or Sport and Exercise Psychology are encouraged to apply. We are seeking candidates who meet qualifications to be appointed at the rank of full professor.
Preferred start date of July 1, 2014 – Twelve-month full time appointment. The position reports directly to the Dean of the College.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Teach one class each semester (undergraduate or graduate) in area of expertise based on department needs.
- Write, submit, and receive external grants and/or contracts.
- Serve on the Dean’s administration team.
- Bring creativity to operationalizing and monitoring the College’s strategic planhttp://cpass.strategicplan.wvu.edu/
- Mentor faculty in research and grant writing.
- Serve as the College’s contact for all WVU sponsored programs / events.
- Oversee the College’s summer school program including organizing faculty class assignments, providing budget recommendation to the Dean, and participating in summer new and transfer student orientation programs.
- Provide leadership over the College’s annual faculty evaluation process.
- Oversee the College’s alumni relations, public relations, fundraising and development positions.
- Serve as the College’s Graduate Coordinator.
- Oversee facilities of the College.
- Oversee the College’s academic degree programs, program evaluation and assessment.
- Represent the College at university level Assistant/ Associate Dean meetings.
Applicants must have a terminal degree in kinesiology or a related field.
The successful candidate must provide evidence of:
- Significant record of scholarship demonstrating an established line of research.
- Record of writing, submitting, and receiving external grants and contracts to support research agenda.
- Knowledge of and experience with program assessment.
- Strategic planning and budgeting experience.
- Minimum of two years of higher education administration experience at the level of department chair or equivalent.
- Significant budget oversight experience.
Commensurate with qualifications