Academic Institutions Report
INOMICS Academic Institutions Report 2015 offers a detailed overview of top institutions and countries for academics to work in. It is based on a survey conducted in the middle of February. The Report reveals valuable insights about the working experience and careers development of over one thousand academics from nearly one hundred different countries. The issues raised are those of importance to job seekers, for example work/life balance or quality and friendliness of the working environment. The aim of the report is to help those who are searching for advice and information on career and the experience of working in academia.
Key findings include:
- Institutions in the Netherlands, Switzerland and Canada were rated the highest by academic professionals employed in those countries
- Romania, Spain, Greece, Portugal and Ukraine have the lowest rated academic institutions
- US, UK and Germany were rated middling according to almost all criteria, including financial incentives
- Research autonomy/freedom (highest in Switzerland and Brazil), as well as working environment (highest in the Netherlands and Switzerland) are the most important criteria for academics
- France, Spain and Portugal were rated the lowest in terms of working environment