BSE Master's Programs in Economics, Finance and Data Science
You can still apply for the September 2023 intake.
The Barcelona School of Economics is a leading institution for graduate education and research in Economics, Finance, and Data Science. We select talented, motivated students from more than 50 countries and connect them with top-ranking researchers, experienced teaching faculty, international alumni, and a strong recruiter network.
The objective of our rigorous nine-month master’s programs is to prepare graduates for professional and academic careers that require intense analytical thinking and a flexible mindset.
What makes the BSE stand out
Ranked in top 3 Economics departments in Europe
The academic excellence of the school rests on the talent and drive of our teaching and research faculty, which has positioned the BSE consistently among the world's top research groups.
94% career placement success rate
Within six months of obtaining their master’s degrees, 94% of graduates obtained a top professional position (last 3 cohorts average). The BSE’s dedicated Careers Services team provides one-on-one career counseling and all the tools students need for a successful job search.
Nobel Laureates help to develop the Master's
Our Master’s programs lead to official degrees under EU law and receive strategic guidance from a group of more than 30 leading academics, including 10 Nobel Laureates, on the Barcelona School of Economics Scientific Council.
Our programs of study
We offer nine-months, full-time Master’s degrees. All programs are taught in English at our campuses in Barcelona.
Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance
- Economics Program. The Economics Program will provide you with rigorous training for admission to top doctoral programs and for technically demanding careers. Students who complete this program will acquire an excellent grounding and deep understanding of the field's foundations, applications, and policies covering theoretical and empirical approaches.
- Financial Economics Program. The Financial Economics Program is a comprehensive course that prepares you for the most technically demanding jobs in banking, consulting and asset management.
- PhD Track Program. The PhD Track Program attracts students of exceptional talent and provides a strong foundation, a stimulating environment, and worldwide placement in the most prestigious institutions, research centers, and universities.
Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Competition, Regulation, and Markets Program. In the Competition, Regulation, and Markets Program you will acquire an advanced understanding of the interaction between theory and practice as well as the qualifications necessary for solid placement in the field.
- Economics of Public Policy Program. The Economics of Public Policy Program will prepare you for analytical positions at public institutions, international organizations, consulting firms, research institutions and think tanks.
- Economics of Energy, Climate Change, and Sustainability Program. In the Economics of Energy, Climate Change, and Sustainability Program you will acquire an advanced understanding of the rapidly changing energy sector, learn how economic theory and data tools can be used to understand their functioning and trends, and develop the qualifications needed for solid placement in the field.
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Program. The ITFD Program will provide you with rigorous training in the economics of international finance, trade, and development for students interested in demanding professional careers and doctoral programs.
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program. In the Macro Program you will acquire the skills demanded by consulting firms, investment banks and government agencies.
Master’s Degree in Data Science
- Data Science Program. The Data Science for Decision Making Program will prepare you to design and build data-driven systems for decision-making in the private or public sector.
- Data Science Program. The Data Science Methodology Program aims to train future leaders in the field with a deeper understanding of the underlying methods, along with the ability to develop techniques for new and/or non-standard problems.
+34 93 542 12 34
Carrer de Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27