Who we are
The Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops is the sum of a variety of projects investigating horticulture performed by scientists from different origins, combining and exchanging their knowledge.
The IGZ aims to be a link between progress in the natural sciences and the reality of horticultural producers and consumers. We aim to support our staff in their professional development.
“Mission” of the IGZ
Research at the IGZ contributes to
- the success of horticulture in Germany and other countries
- understanding fundamentals of horticultural and plant science
- sustainability in production and use of plants
- healthy nutrition and well-being of the Population
Our work is rated by
- acceptance and appreciation by practical horticulture and by the society
- publications in high-value scientific journals
- acquisition of competitive grants
+49 0361 67003451
Kühnhäuser Str. 101