Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. Today we are in the top 1% of the world's universities.
Facts and Figures:
University of Glasgow....
- is ranked 55th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2014)
- is rated fourth in the UK for international student satisfaction (among universities participating in the International Student Barometer Summer 2013)
- welcomes students from more than 120 countries worldwide
- has more than 25,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students
- is a major employer in the city of Glasgow with more than 6,000 staff, including 2,000 active researchers
- has annual research income of more than £181m
- is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities
- is a founder member of Universitas 21, an international grouping of universities dedicated to setting worldwide standards for higher education
- is a member of IRUN (International Research Universities Network) – an international network of broad-based research universities
- includes among its alumni, the father of economics Adam Smith, Scotland’s architect of devolution Donald Dewar and renowned physicist and engineer Lord Kelvin.
+44 0141 330 2000
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, GB