Netherlands, Switzerland and Canada are the best countries for Academics, according to the new INOMICS report “Top Academic Institutions 2015”
Berlin, April 27th, 2015
INOMICS, an online platform for academics, releases results of a survey revealing the top institutions and countries for academics to work in. The results are based on responses from more than a thousand academics from all over the world, mostly employed at universities as professors.
Participants rated their institutions based on work/life balance, working environment, research autonomy, career prospects and salary & funding. The results identify countries and institutions that offer the best environment for academic professionals, based on the ratings of current employees.
Key findings include:
- Institutions in the Netherlands, Switzerland and Canada were rated the highest by academic professionals employed in those countries
- Romania, Spain, Greece, Portugal and Ukraine have the lowest rated academic institutions
- US, UK and Germany were rated middling according to almost all criteria, including financial incentives
- Research autonomy/freedom (highest in Switzerland and Brazil), as well as working environment (highest in the Netherlands and Switzerland) are the most important criteria for academics
- France, Spain and Portugal were rated the lowest in terms of working environment
Download the full report here.
INOMICS is an online platform for academics, which provides a stream of career and study opportunities, scientific events, research news and funding, all based on individual preferences and constantly updated.
Contact PR & Communications
Am Kupfergraben 6a
10117 Berlin, Germany