The Nova School of Business and Economics in Carcavelos, Portugal invites applications for full-time PhD positions in Management. Applications deadline is January 31, 2023.
The program is a 4-year, full-time structured program providing advanced training in the fields of: Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Operations Management, Social Enterprise, Strategy and International Business or Organizational Studies. The curriculum is designed to equip students with the tools to pursue the most challenging careers. While disciplined and rigorous in training, the program is also flexible, for students to pursue their unique research interests.
Students are usually affiliated to one of our eight Knowledge Centers. They join its community and its activities. They participate in research seminars and can interact with top researchers.
Nova SBE offers fellowships to the best candidates selected to start their PhD in our school. The fellowship grants candidates a living stipend and covers 90% of the tuition fee for one year.
From the second year onwards, students actively look for funding opportunities. They are funded by grants from foundations (e.g. by FCT Foundation for Science and Technology or EUTOPIA), research projects, or other sources.
Applicants should hold a Master’s. Your degree can be in any field (e.g., the sciences, arts, and humanities), but if you do not have previous coursework in business studies, your supervisor may require additional coursework (at Nova SBE or elsewhere). If you don’t have a Master’s Degree but expect to obtain within the year, your application can also be considered. Applicants should have a good level of competence in English.
How to apply
Candidates can apply online between November 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023.
- Transcript of records of undergraduate with the full list of courses and grades. (also accepted in Portuguese)
- Transcript of records of graduate degrees with the full list of courses and grades. Candidates who have not yet finished their graduate program should provide a certificate of enrolment with, if available, the complete list of grades achieved to date. (also accepted in Portuguese)
- Recommendations in the form of two letters of reference, which should be sent directly by referees.
- Statement of Purpose. Please include the following topics:
- why you wish to do a PhD at Nova
- what you would like to study
- who you would like to work with as supervisor(s)
- your career goals after the PhD
- your financial circumstances and how you hope to support yourself
- any funding requirements you may have
- Certificate of results for the GRE (Graduate Records of Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). Results should not be older than three years. Applicants who hold, or will shortly hold, a Nova SBE Master’s degree are not required to submit GRE results.
- Copy of passport or Identity Card.
- Recognition of your foreign degrees in Portugal. This document is issued by the DGES, please see the DGES website for more information. The document can issued only if you completed your graduate studies.
- Other Research Samples.
- English language certificate. Test results should not be older than three years.
Please check our website to see detailed information on the documentation and to get the application link.
- Research areas and faculty https://www2.novasbe.unl.pt/en/programs/phds/phd-in-management/research-areas
Rua da Holanda 1 Campus de Carcavelos, NOVA SBE · 2775-405 Sintra
2775-405 Carcavelos , Portugal