Rome Economics Doctorate (RED) - Call for Applications 2024/25
RED is a challenging and selective Ph.D. program for highly talented students with an advanced MSc-level background in Economics. Courses and supervision are held by world-renowned scholars in a stimulating and international research environment.
- intensive specialized courses, workshops and reading groups
- tailored supervision and tutoring by leading researchers, active at the frontier of knowledge
- four-year scholarships, plus a one-year extension for promising students
- possibility of an exchange semester in selected economics departments
- an international faculty and interaction with world-class visiting scholars
The first year is devoted to a sequence of advanced courses that would give students an overview of frontier research, and allow them to select their area of specialization. These courses are offered mostly by resident faculty, plus some visiting researchers. Students are required to present regularly their research in internal workshops, to discuss frontier research in reading groups, and attend seminars.
Application for the A.Y. 2024/25 is now OPEN.
A prerequisite for participating in the program is a MSc university degree in Economics or equivalent. Interested candidates should submit their application preferably by January 31, 2024. Promising applicants will be invited to an interview. Since RED is a small program, early applications are strongly encouraged. Selected applicants will receive offers sequentially, pending the formal admission granted by Luiss and Tor Vergata University in April/May 2024.
More information on the program and the application process can be obtained on the RED website.