Top Political Science & International Relations Departments in Europe 2015
When you're looking for the best institutions for your subject, it's important to consider the standing of not only the institution as a whole, but also the specific department in which you wish to study or research. Although it's a matter of debate what makes the very best academic departments, there are some universally-recognised leaders in each discipline.
To help you find the best departments in Political Science and International Relations, we've compiled a list of the top twenty departments in Europe. Check back for another article on the top departments worldwide.
- Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Department of Government, London School of Economics, United Kingdom
- Department of Politics and International Studies, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- School of International Relations, University of St. Andrew's, United Kingdom
- Centre d’études et de recherches internationales, Sciences Po Paris, France
- Politics and International Studies, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Department of Political Science, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Politics and International Relations, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Department of History and Political Science, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, University College London, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Economy, King's College London, United Kingdom
- School of Government & International Affairs, Durham University, United Kingdom
- Politics and International Relations, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- School of Sociology, Politics and International Studies, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), Switzerland
- Political and Social Sciences, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Department of Political Science and Government, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Department of Politics, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Study in Europe
Best Countries in Europe to Do Your Economics Master’s Degree
Looking for a great Master's program in Economics?
- Ranking, Study Advice, Career Advice, Blog Post
Top Economics Journals
Getting published. It's the bane of many economists' lives, and it's never been so important. Jobs, tenure, not to mention reputation, all now heavily rely on getting published, often regularly. Unsurprisingly, given its importance, there's much to consider when approaching journals. Where your work is published can have a huge effect on how it's perceived, how many people it reaches, and what kind of profile engages with it.
- Multichannel Promotion
Why you should be using a multi-channel marketing approach
Multi-channel marketing campaigns allow institutions to increase conversion rates by interacting with potential candidates (students, professors and researchers) at different stages of their decision process, using the best channel for that stage. For example, a candidate who has already visited your institution website is more likely to respond positively to a direct email campaign, while a young candidate who has not yet heard of your university/centre/company is more responsive to meeting representatives at a recruitment fair.