Top Political Science & International Relations Departments in Europe 2015
When you're looking for the best institutions for your subject, it's important to consider the standing of not only the institution as a whole, but also the specific department in which you wish to study or research. Although it's a matter of debate what makes the very best academic departments, there are some universally-recognised leaders in each discipline.
To help you find the best departments in Political Science and International Relations, we've compiled a list of the top twenty departments in Europe. Check back for another article on the top departments worldwide.
- Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Department of Government, London School of Economics, United Kingdom
- Department of Politics and International Studies, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- School of International Relations, University of St. Andrew's, United Kingdom
- Centre d’études et de recherches internationales, Sciences Po Paris, France
- Politics and International Studies, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Department of Political Science, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Politics and International Relations, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Department of History and Political Science, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, University College London, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Economy, King's College London, United Kingdom
- School of Government & International Affairs, Durham University, United Kingdom
- Politics and International Relations, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- School of Sociology, Politics and International Studies, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), Switzerland
- Political and Social Sciences, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Department of Political Science and Government, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Department of Politics, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- What You Need to Know
A Post-PhD Career in Research: Jack of all Trades, Master of Some
Our favorite caricature of a post-doctoral researcher: a frail man (or woman) with unkempt hair, hunched in front of a computer screen, with a half-filled cup of coffee by his side. As the coffee gets colder and time flies by, he appears oblivious to his surroundings – he is happy spending long hours at his desk conceptualizing arcane theory on obscure topics the real world does not care about. He is in a state of eternal tapasya – meditating on his eternal love-affair with knowledge… because, life is an eternal quest for knowledge!
- The Student Mental Health Epidemic
Depression and Anxiety on the University Campus
In recent years, an epidemic has enveloped university campuses across the world - and it's not the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. Compared to any other generation of college students in history, current students experience more mental health issues than ever before.
- Making Money With Your Degree
High-Salary Career Options for Economists
Before you start considering what crazy lucrative job you are going to get with your economics degree, consider this fact: a lot of rich people don’t like their money. Many complain about not knowing what to do with it all, yet simultaneously having huge anxiety they’ll lose it. They moan about their friends treating them like walking bank accounts, being judged for not looking the part, and no longer being able to visit - how to put it delicately? - less refined establishments.