Top Political Science & International Relations Departments in Europe 2015
Read a summary or generate practice questions using the INOMICS AI tool
When you're looking for the best institutions for your subject, it's important to consider the standing of not only the institution as a whole, but also the specific department in which you wish to study or research. Although it's a matter of debate what makes the very best academic departments, there are some universally-recognised leaders in each discipline.
To help you find the best departments in Political Science and International Relations, we've compiled a list of the top twenty departments in Europe. Check back for another article on the top departments worldwide.
- Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Department of Government, London School of Economics, United Kingdom
- Department of Politics and International Studies, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- School of International Relations, University of St. Andrew's, United Kingdom
- Centre d’études et de recherches internationales, Sciences Po Paris, France
- Politics and International Studies, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Department of Political Science, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Politics and International Relations, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Department of History and Political Science, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, University College London, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Economy, King's College London, United Kingdom
- School of Government & International Affairs, Durham University, United Kingdom
- Politics and International Relations, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- School of Sociology, Politics and International Studies, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), Switzerland
- Political and Social Sciences, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Department of Political Science and Government, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Department of Politics, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Furthering your Economics Career
Professional Trainings as a Means of Increasing Your Employability
Economics is a massive field with many sub-disciplines, and it’s impossible to master the whole lot of it from just one Master’s degree or even a PhD.
- INOMICS Salary Report
Is an Economics PhD Worth It? The PhD Pay Premium
Economics students may often wonder if doing a PhD is the right move for them. After all, you can still get a good job in economics with just a Master’s degree. We’ve covered different angles of this topic before with helpful advice about what degree you’ll need as an economist, asking whether you should do a PhD, and even asking what kinds of economists are paid the most. Thanks to INOMICS Salary Report 2023 data, we can look more closely at the pay benefit for an economics PhD in today’s job market. This will help you decide if doing an economics PhD will be worth it for your own career.
- All You Need to Know
What makes a successful economist?
“The master-economist must possess a rare combination of gifts. He must reach a high standard in several different directions and must combine talents not often found together. He must be mathematician, historian, statesman, philosopher…He must study the present in the light of the past for the purposes of the future. No part of man's nature or his institutions must lie entirely outside his regard. He must be purposeful and disinterested in a simultaneous mood; as aloof and incorruptible as an artist, yet sometimes as near the earth as a politician.”