Top Political Science & International Relations Departments in Europe 2015
When you're looking for the best institutions for your subject, it's important to consider the standing of not only the institution as a whole, but also the specific department in which you wish to study or research. Although it's a matter of debate what makes the very best academic departments, there are some universally-recognised leaders in each discipline.
To help you find the best departments in Political Science and International Relations, we've compiled a list of the top twenty departments in Europe. Check back for another article on the top departments worldwide.
- Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Department of Government, London School of Economics, United Kingdom
- Department of Politics and International Studies, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- School of International Relations, University of St. Andrew's, United Kingdom
- Centre d’études et de recherches internationales, Sciences Po Paris, France
- Politics and International Studies, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Department of Political Science, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Politics and International Relations, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Department of History and Political Science, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, University College London, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Economy, King's College London, United Kingdom
- School of Government & International Affairs, Durham University, United Kingdom
- Politics and International Relations, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- School of Sociology, Politics and International Studies, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- Department of Political Science, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), Switzerland
- Political and Social Sciences, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Department of Political Science and Government, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Department of Politics, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Campus Reviews
Why study at University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, Netherlands?
Programs available at HU This combination of conveying both knowledge and skills is key to the university experience at HU. As Lorenza explained, “The HU definitely allows a practical university experience. Although there is theory included in the courses, most of the projects consist in applying the theory to brands and experiences. It is an approach that not only helps students to be creative but also to be prepared for a future job.”
- Teaching Economics to Undergraduates
Teaching Tips for Teaching Assistants
What kind of teacher do you want to be? Early on as an economics TA, whether inadvertently or by design you will establish what kind of teacher you are. Will your teaching style resemble that of a coach, an instructor or a taskmaster? And will you aim for an informal, friendly relationship with students or will you establish yourself an authority figure with a degree of professional distance? All this hinges on the choices you make and the actions you take during your first few weeks.