‘Evidence-Based Management’ is one of four tracks of CEBEX Summer School 2019.
About CEBEX Summer School 2019:
- The third edition of CEBEX Summer School on Behavioral Sciences will be held in Prague from July 19 to July 27, 2019.
- The program will be divided into two blocks Crash Course (3 days) and Tracks (5 days). You can choose whether to attend both or just one of them.
- Applicants can choose one of 4 different tracks: Behavioral Public Policy, Evidence-Based Management, Evolutionary Behavioral Economics, and Data Analysis in Behavioral Research.
- All courses are thought by an international faculty.
- Participants might gain 6 ECTS for attending CEBEX Summer School.
Crash Course (July 19 – 21, 2019):
Crash Course is an intensive introductory course designed for people who have no or little experiences with behavioral sciences. During 15 hours of lectures, we will explain you the basic concepts, like Heuristics & Biases, Mental Accounting, Intertemporal Choice, Game Theory or Social Preferences.
If completed successfully, this course is awarded by 2 ECTS credits.
Study Tracks (July 22 – 27, 2019):
In 2019 we offer you four different tracks from which you can choose. Each track consists of 20 hours of lectures and 1 free day. The lecture hours are divided between theoretical background and practical workshops. If possible, we will let you spend some time in the experimental laboratory to let you try how the behavioral research is being done.
If completed successfully, this course is awarded by 4 ECTS credits.
The ‘Evidence-Based Management’ track:
People usually pay little or no attention to the quality of the evidence they rely on when they make decisions. The whole problem is boosted by the fact that people are subjects to many cognitive biases known from behavioral sciences. As a result, managerial decisions are often based on so-called ‘best practice’, ‘gut feelings’ and success stories of famous colleagues.
The track aims to address this state of affairs by teaching students where to seek relevant information and critically evaluate its validity, generalizability, and applicability to counterbalance their often biased judgment.
It is designed mainly for students, managers and public officials who want to gain an edge in information processing and evaluation.
The primary goal of the #CSS is to bring together people from around the globe and international experts in the field to interactively explore recent developments in the cutting-edge research in behavioral sciences. And indeed, over the past two years, #CSS welcomed 70 students from 25 different countries. The program had been taught by lecturers and practitioners from the Czech Republic, Germany, Great Britain, the Netherlands, Romania, and the USA.
But hey, it’s going to be in summer! So apart from the stimulating day program you might as well expect energizing evening programs.
Because we care about the program quality, interactivity, and your overall experience, a capacity of each track is limited to 15 students.
FIND MORE INFORMATION AT www.summer.cebex.org
Regular fees: 400 - 1300 EUR
International Fees : 350 - 1200 EUR
Crash Course — students | regular:
- Until April 30, 2019: 350 | 400 EUR
- Until June 16, 2019: 400 | 450 EUR
Track — students | regular:
- Until April 30, 2019: 1000 | 1100 EUR
- Until June 16, 2019: 1200 | 1300 EUR
Crash Course + Track — students | regular:
- Until April 30, 2019: 1200 | 1300 EUR
- Until June 16, 2019: 1400 | 1500 EUR
- accommodation in double rooms in 4* hotel in Prague city center
- access to all lectures (in your free time, you can attend also the other tracks) and experimental laboratory
- breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and coffee breaks with a delicious espresso & refreshments
- welcome package & study materials
- evening program (i.e. boat trip, beach volleyball, geolocation games, etc.)
In short, we take care of everything so that you can focus on your study.
Find more here.
Prague , Czech Republic