International Doctoral Courses and Seminars in Health Economics and Policy
Phd programs, supplementary courses
The goal of the program is to offer advanced and highly specialized courses in health economics and policy, as well as seminars and workshops with leading international experts. This program is being offered within the framework of the Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+) and the various partners of SSPH+ (Basel, Lausanne, Lucerne, Lugano and Zurich) will offer specialized courses for the participants.
The International doctoral Courses and Seminars in Health Economics and Policy are intended for PhD students from Swiss universities as well as foreign universities who wish to enhance their specific knowledge and sharpen their capabilities in the field of health economics and policy. Researchers with a PhD in economics and related disciplines as well as health researchers with a significant interest in economics who wish to deepen their knowledge of some topics can also be admitted
- Students receive a certificate for each course that they attend
- Each completed course is awarded 3 ECTS
- Students who pass an exam receive a certificate of success and a grade report
- A certificate for having achieved the PhD specialisation in Health Economics will be awarded for having achieved 15 credits (5 courses). The approval will be signed by the program director
Please, send us an email if you need more information: email@example.com
Overview of Courses:
|Health Policy||Prof. Andrew Street, Prof. Giuliano Masiero, Prof. Fabrizio Mazzonna|
|20 - 24 Jun 2022
|Bayesian Methods in Health Economics||Prof. Gianluca Baio, Dr. Nathan Green and Anna Heath|
|27 Jun - 1 Jul 2022
|Empirical Policy Evaluation in Health||Prof. Maarten Lindeboom, Prof. Bas van der Klaauw|
|19 - 23 Sep 2022
|Machine Learning in Health Economics||Prof. Helmut Farbmacher|
|Inequality and Inequity in Health and Health Care*||Prof. Tom Van Ourti, Prof. Owen O’Donnell|
* Please note that course dates are not confirmed yet, changes are still possible.
- Graduate degree in related discipline
- Personal data/curriculum vitae
- Enrollment Form
Doctoral Program Entry Requirements
Applicants of the International Doctoral Courses and Seminars in Health Economics and Policy need to:
- be registered as candidates of a PhD in economics or in a related discipline
- demonstrate sufficient proficiency in microeconomics, and
- demonstrate sufficient proficiency in econometrics or statistics.
A full resume, along with the enrollment form will have to be submitted to the administration of the program. A final decision with regards to admission will be taken after a thorough and individual assessment of the application.
Students can apply via http://www.sggoe.ch
Partially Online (some attendance required)
PhD Programs, Supplementary Courses
Each of the partner universities offer courses (Basel, Lausanne, Lugano, Lucerne and Zurich) Administration office - Center for Health, Policy and Economics, University of Lucerne, Switzerland
Lucerne , Switzerland