BSE offers executive courses in Economics, Finance, Data Science and Competition, Markets and Regulation.
Don’t miss out. Registration for the 2023-2024 intake is open
The Barcelona School of Economics is a leading institution for professional education and research in Economics, Finance, Data Science and Competition, Markets, and Regulations. We select talented, motivated professionals from more than 50 countries and connect them with top-ranking researchers, experienced teaching faculty, international alumni, and a strong recruiter network.
Participants are world-leading professionals and researchers who want to sharpen their skills, get exposure to prevailing theoretical and empirical topics, and network with colleagues and instructors.
BSE courses offer the opportunity to meet and be instructed by top academic faculty and presenters from the public and business worlds.
- Short, intensive courses
- Experienced, expert instructors
- Colleagues from 35+ countries
- Dozens of companies send employees year after year.
- Get exposure to the most recent quantitative tools and methodologies and apply them immediately to improve your current job or research.
Ranked in top 3 Economics departments in Europe
The academic excellence of the school rests on the talent and drive of our teaching and research faculty, which has positioned the BSE consistently among the world's top research groups.
We offer short-intensive courses that address the latest techniques, trends, and problems of the different fields. All programs are taught in English, and we offer in-person and online formats.
- Bayesian Macroeconometrics
- Brush up on Time Series Analysis
- Macroeconomic Forecasting: Machine Learning vs Time Series Methods
- Nowcasting with High-Frequency Information
- Time Series Models for Macroeconomic Analysis
- Harnessing Language Models: Your Path to NLP Expert
- Foundations of Data Science
- Introduction to Python and R Programming for Data Science
- Statistical Machine Learning for Large and Unstructured Data
Competition, Markets and Regulation
- Competitive Effects of Mergers
- Quantitative Methods for Competition Analysis
- Competition Economics
- The Energy Crisis and the Energy Transition: Economics and Policy
Our programs of study
We offer nine-months, full-time Master’s degrees. All programs are taught in English at our campuses in Barcelona.
Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance
- Economics Program. The Economics Program will provide you with rigorous training for admission to top doctoral programs and for technically demanding careers. Students who complete this program will acquire an excellent grounding and deep understanding of the field's foundations, applications, and policies covering theoretical and empirical approaches.
- Financial Economics Program. The Financial Economics Program is a comprehensive course that prepares you for the most technically demanding jobs in banking, consulting and asset management.
- PhD Track Program. The PhD Track Program attracts students of exceptional talent and provides a strong foundation, a stimulating environment, and worldwide placement in the most prestigious institutions, research centers, and universities.
Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Competition, Regulation, and Markets Program. In the Competition, Regulation, and Markets Program you will acquire an advanced understanding of the interaction between theory and practice as well as the qualifications necessary for solid placement in the field.
- Economics of Public Policy Program. The Economics of Public Policy Program will prepare you for analytical positions at public institutions, international organizations, consulting firms, research institutions and think tanks.
- Economics of Energy, Climate Change, and Sustainability Program. In the Economics of Energy, Climate Change, and Sustainability Program you will acquire an advanced understanding of the rapidly changing energy sector, learn how economic theory and data tools can be used to understand their functioning and trends, and develop the qualifications needed for solid placement in the field.
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Program. The ITFD Program will provide you with rigorous training in the economics of international finance, trade, and development for students interested in demanding professional careers and doctoral programs.
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program. In the Macro Program you will acquire the skills demanded by consulting firms, investment banks and government agencies.
Master’s Degree in Data Science
- Data Science Program. The Data Science for Decision Making Program will prepare you to design and build data-driven systems for decision-making in the private or public sector.
- Data Science Program. The Data Science Methodology Program aims to train future leaders in the field with a deeper understanding of the underlying methods, along with the ability to develop techniques for new and/or non-standard problems.