InterExchange is a nonprofit organization devoted to promoting cross-cultural awareness through work and volunteer exchange programs. For more than 40 years, InterExchange has been connecting young people from all over the world with life-changing international cultural exchange opportunities. In turn, we provide a unique answer for businesses, organizations, summer camps, and families in need of staff, interns, volunteers, camp counselors and au pairs.
In a world of instantaneous connection, people sometimes forget the importance of face-to-face, day-to-day interaction. At InterExchange, we believe that by allowing people to live and work side-by-side with people in another country, we can increase global understanding.
Everyone who participates in our program—whether a student, a young professional, an employer, or a family—comes away with a greater connection to the global community, and a better understanding of the world’s rich cultural diversity. We are committed to building cultural understanding—one person at a time.
Cultural Exchange That Creates International Relationships
Our J-1 Visa and work abroad programs include:
- Au Pair USA connects American families with qualified, enthusiastic child care providers from around the world
- Career Training USA connects international students & young professionals with internships and training programs in the USA
- Camp USA helps to match enthusiastic young people from around the world with camp counselor and support staff jobs at American summer camps
- Work & Travel USA provides opportunities for international students to live and work in the USA in short-term, seasonal positions
- Working Abroad helps young Americans discover the world through a variety of work & volunteer programs
InterExchange is designated by the U.S. Department of State to sponsor the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa.
InterExchange is proud to have an experienced team that is dedicated to international cultural exchange. Nearly every member of our New York City-based staff has extensive experience traveling, working, or living abroad, and each person has a thorough understanding of the U.S. Department of State rules and regulations that govern our J-1 Visa programs.
When you ask people why they work with InterExchange, chances are they’ll talk about our service. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, personalized service to every single participant in each of our programs. We pride ourselves on anticipating your needs, exceeding your expectations, and being at your service whenever you need us.