We are looking for a Program Director EconPol to start soon to coordinate activities at the interface of research and policy.
CESifo is a global, independent research network with members from around the world. Its mission is to promote international exchange at the level of economics and economic policy, to strengthen cooperation between the Ifo Institute and the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, and to maintain Munich as a vibrant center of economic research in Europe. To this end, CESifo GmbH organizes conferences, workshops and seminars that take place in Munich and within Europe.
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on issues relevant to the economy and economic policy at the highest scientific level and with an international impact, and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, policy advice, participation in public debates and information/service - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
CESifo GmbH plans to redesign and expand its European policy activities. EconPol Europe was established as a research network at the ifo Institute and will now be integrated into CESifo's activities. The aim of EconPol Europe is to intensively use the findings of research to solve the pressing economic policy issues in the European Union and to introduce them into the political debate in Brussels.
Do you want to know more about us and careers at CESifo? Meet us at https://www.cesifo.org/en/about-cesifo-network
- You will coordinate the preparation of economic policy articles for EconPol with network members, ifo researchers and ifo’s Executive Board. In individual cases, you may also be involved as a co-author.
- If you are interested, you can participate in research projects and publication activities yourself.
- You will be responsible for planning the topics and authors for EconPol’s various publication formats, identifying which results from the network are suitable for publication and having an eye on the quality of the publications.
- You are responsible for the editorial content of the EconPol website within the CESifo website.
- You make substantial contributions to the conceptual design of (major) EconPol events. Here you coordinate the setting of topics, acquisition of speakers and coordinate with the event management.
- Your activities go hand in hand with the Communications Department of the ifo Institute, the Managing Director and the team of CESifo GmbH, with the President of the ifo Institute, the Area Directors and members of the CESifo network as well as active cooperation partners.
- Planning and management of internal and external resources complete your portfolio of tasks.
- You understand economic research texts and studies. At the same time you are very well informed about current economic policy issues in Germany and Europe. You have a track record in translating economic research findings into contributions relevant to economic policy debate.
- Ideally, you have successfully completed a university degree in economics and hold a PhD.
- Communication and organization are your passion, you are creative, think strategically and contribute beneficially to developing your field of responsibility and the organization.
- You enjoy working independently. Your conscientious and structured style of working serves you well in this respect.
- You bring excellent language and formulation skills in German and English to our international work environment.
- You are proficient in MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel, as well as in virtual communication with Teams and Zoom.
- You can expect a position with interesting, multifaceted and challenging tasks in our excellently positioned global research network, associated with one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe
- You will receive a permanent employment contract in full-time (with 40.1 hours per week).
- Your remuneration is based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states of Germany (TV-L). You will be classified in pay group E14.
- You can opt in a company pension plan with VBLU with high degree of employer co-payment.
- With flexible working hours, the opportunity to work on a mobile basis, and many opportunities for further training and education, we will support you in your work and your personal development.
- Employees joining us from abroad receive a relocation allowance.
- Our dynamic team in Munich with friendly and supportive colleagues is looking forward to meeting you!
We promote professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual identity.
Interested? Then please send us your application documents with the reference number 2021-003 CESifo-PD by 23. January 2022 using the form here.
Please attach a letter of motivation, your CV, references and other documents relevant to your application in the lower section of the form.
Please make sure to use only .pdf files, Word documents and images in .jpg format. Please also note to use short file names. Too long file names can lead to errors when sending the application. Please read the document "Information on attachment naming" carefully so that your application can be sent to us without errors.
Please use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Microsoft Edge" as browser. In case of problems, please check if you are using the latest browser version.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org