Share this Job
Requisition ID: 230127
Bechtel Enterprises, Inc. (BEn) is the project development and project finance arm of Bechtel, the world's leading engineering and construction company.
BEn provides a depth of services to Bechtel and its clients including project development, financial advisory, and strategic analysis. Key sectors of specialty include Power and Energy, Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Water, Transportation, Smart Infrastructure, Communications, Nuclear, Transmission, and Mining & Metals.
We assist the business units in evaluating new and existing markets, crafting market entry strategies and examining new trends in their business lines. We analyze project economics, develop and implement financing plans, structure and negotiate commercial arrangements, form development partnerships, recommend investment decisions, and manage project assets. BEn Associates can also go on to management positions in other areas of the company. Bechtel Enterprises is headquartered in Reston, Virginia and has offices in Houston, London, Singapore, and Washington, D.C. It is comprised of about 40 professionals. Bechtel is privately owned with more than 33,000 employees around the world.
Within a team environment, the Associate works on a range of assignments in support of project development, Bechtel equity investments, project financing, M&A and other commercial activities. Responsibilities within the team include:
- Financial and economic analysis of potential projects, new markets, new technologies, potential partners, competitors, and M&A targets to evaluate profitability, risk, and other factors.
- Project development activities including financial modeling, plant permitting, site control negotiations, and project financing.
- Supporting project bids and project financing for P3 (public-private partnership) infrastructure projects, including preparing qualifications and proposals, reviewing commercial agreements, and analyzing potential financing, development, and partnership structures.
- Analyzing commercial terms and conditions in order to provide recommendations to business units to enhance competitiveness and/or mitigate risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, economics, or similar discipline is preferred
- Additional post-graduate degrees are beneficial
- Demonstrated interest in international business and infrastructure financing and development
- Candidate is expected to have a command of finance theory and the ability to apply theoretical concepts to practical issues and decisions in business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other quantitative analysis tools
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis independently is critical
- Eagerness to help Bechtel identify and seize new business opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Foreign language skills and work experience in multiple countries are beneficial.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.