The Department of Economics at the University of Bern invites applications to three vacant position for Doctoral Students in economics.
The successful candidates will participate in the teaching and research activities of the applied microeconomics and econometrics group of the Department of Economics. They are expected to finish the dissertation within four years.
• You have completed a master degree with excellent grades in Economics
• The graduation should ideally be not more than three years ago.
• You have a strong background in applied microeconomics and econometrics as well as a good knowledge of programming.
• You have an excellent command of English.
• You want to pursue and academic career in economics.
We offer You
A 100% position with attractive financial benefits and a flexible start date;
A dynamic and research-oriented environment, with a human dimension, in which one-to-one advising takes place on a regular basis;
Enrollment as a PhD student in the Gerzensee program for doctoral students or another doctoral program in Switzerland. We prepare students for the academic job market as well as for positions in public and private institutions. Recent placements include for instance the University of San Diego, University of Laval, Swiss National Bank, and Swiss State Secretary for Economic Affairs.
Depending on your research interest, you will be advised by:
• Michael Gerfin (firstname.lastname@example.org): Health Economics
• Costanza Naguib (email@example.com): Econometrics and Labor Economics
• Maximilian von Ehrlich (firstname.lastname@example.org): Public Economics and Urban/Regional Economics
The application should include a CV, a cover letter describing research interests, and copies of transcripts of academic records. The candidates are also asked to submit their Master thesis, or some other example of own research. Please send your application by email to. Applications will be pro-cessed until the positions are filled.