Mid-level industry position
Title: Account Manager - DOD
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From government office buildings and research centers to deployable networks, CommScope enables our government customers to complete their mission. Work with our Infrastructure team leveraging our installed base to sell government certified network and WiFi solutions into DoD customers. You will provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure the US Government needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity be a part of delivering our solution to the US Government.
The Federal DoD Programs, Account Manager role is accountable for direct prospecting, pipeline development and sales engagement primarily in US Air Force, US Army, and other DoD named accounts. The primary focus of this position will be to successfully develop and communicate Commscope’ value proposition within the highest levels of military IT leadership, and position Commscope to successfully capture DoD program-level business. Teamwork, expertise in selling to the military and a competitive attitude will be key to your success.
Applicants should have experience in selling wireless and networking products to high-level level management and other decision makers. The strongest candidates will have in-depth knowledge of LTE and how to sell the full-breadth of CommScope’s portfolio, to include Citizen’s Band Radio Services (CBRS), Distributed Antennae Systems (DAS), and emerging 5G technologies. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of sales leadership, account and revenue development within the Wi-Fi, networking or LTE industry, and deep sales experience selling within a channel sales environment. OEM experience is preferred but Value-added reseller experience is acceptable.
Selling through distribution and VAR partners is important and a good knowledge of VARs/distributors in the territory is essential. A good networking and wireless knowledge is mandatory, and a reasonable understanding of copper and fiber infrastructure is advantageous. This person will preferably be able to demonstrate some capability in terms of presenting products to customers, solid understanding of large channel organizations and integrated solution selling and be comfortable engaging with and be able to work with cross functional teams.
- Military veteran or Federal government sales experience is required
- 10+ years of solution and service based Federal sales experience within a networking hardware and/or related high technology business environment required.
- Experience working with Salesforce or Dynamics CRM on a daily basis
- Strong written/verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a process for managing a set of accounts, including forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short term and long-term opportunity management.
- Able to identify and generate sales leads/opportunities.
- Proven track record in growing revenue and quota achievement
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners and customers
- A demonstrated ability to think outside the boxes to develop creative solutions that drive deals through to closure.
- Excellent knowledge of multiple platforms in correlation with wireless networking, competitors and market landscape
- Strong relationships within the Departments of Defense, Army and Air Force is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or a related field preferred.
- Travel required within assigned territory.
Mid-level industry position