Share this Job Title: Accountant - Fixed Assets
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Position Title : Accountant - Fixed Assets
The position serves as a critical part of the global fixed asset shared services team with responsibilities ranging from analysis to reporting and system knowledge. We are looking for a professional to lead a Global Fixed assets team, to Assist with monthly book close process and preparation of monthly reports for executive management. Review Capital appropriation requests for accuracy and analyze the expenses booked. Work on SAP investment management system. Work with Financial Accounting teams globally. Work with other departments and manage capital addition, transfer and depreciation cycles. Support the department in completing all accounting responsibilities and prepare all records and reports in a timely manner for fixed assets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Global policies and processes are followed with Company internal controls maintained.
- Provide guidance to Financial Accounting on the implementation of the Company’s’ capital policy as well as ensure compliance.
- Analyze and report on the global inter entity fixed assets transaction as well as worldwide Fixed Asset close process, including performing any necessary GL and IC transactions/ adjustments
- Oversee the Fixed Asset sub-ledger and maintain necessary supporting documentation and reconciliations.
- Prepare the monthly global roll forward of fixed assets.
- Train and monitor the work done by the team on repairs and maintenance accounts review, monthly capital and depreciation assessment cycles.
- Troubleshoot and identify inaccurate and untimely errors and their causes.
- Process ComSearch (Deltek) system fixed assets
- Maintain global Capital Appropriation Request routing matrix
- Cross functional collaboration with tax department to support tax reporting
- Prepare monthly reports, analysis and roll forwards for management as needed
- Assist with maintaining SAP Investment Management Module
- Process various asset maintenance transactions such as disposals and transfers
- Monitor and recommend improvement to internal controls in Fixed Assets
- Participate in global projects, global consolidations or other special projects and conference calls as needed/ required
- Meet local statutory reporting and audit requirements for stakeholders globally.
- Manage the worldwide Fixed Asset close process, including performing any necessary GL and IC transactions/adjustments, and maintain proper supporting documentation and reconciliations
- Oversee the Fixed Asset sub-ledger and other reporting tools, including management of additions and disposals, for month end close and audit preparedness
- Work closely with other Accounting/Finance team members to ensure proper processes are in place around Fixed Assets, specifically those relating to Inter-company and tax related transactions
- Any other areas as may be identified by management to be included in the role.
Experience: Looking for 3+ years accounting experience in Accounts or similar accounting field with at least 2 years in Fixed assets Accounting,SAP R3/ S4HANA experience preferred especially in Fixed Assets.
- SAP R3/ S4HANA experience preferred especially in Fixed Assets
- Must have good presentation and written communication proficiency
- Must have worked in global, multi-lingual and multi-cultural environments
- Excellent written& spoken communication and presentation skills
- Language proficiency in English
- Should be have good proficiency with MS Excel. Experience with analytics solutions or working with large data preferred
- Preference will be given to people who have worked in a multi-national company