Practitioner / consultant
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
About LeBow College of Business School of Economics
Housed in Drexel’s LeBow College of Business, the School of Economics provides students with a robust understanding of economic theory and business applications valued by the marketplace, including the workings of the market system, major economic institutions, economic policy, and development. Students graduate poised for success in a wide variety of fields.
The School of Economics is home to leading faculty scholars who are dedicated to teaching and mentoring their students. Faculty areas of research expertise include international trade, banking, monetary and fiscal policy, industrial organization, health economics, behavioral economics, public economics and labor economics.
The adjunct faculty member will employ a variety of strategies to foster student learning and discussions, as well as encourage active learning in all students, maintain proper course-related records, and evaluate student work and provide students with feedback as to the progress toward meeting the objectives of the course. Each adjunct faculty member is responsible for effectively teaching students in the assigned classroom settings. Responsibilities may include teaching days, evenings, nights and weekends, with the potential for online only, in-person only, or a combination of both as specified in the contract.
- Teach the number of hours required based on the credit hours of the course
- Evaluate student work for the purpose of providing feedback and determining grades
- Maintain and keep updated a gradebook in Blackboard Learn
- Schedule office hours for at least two hours per week and respond to student emails within two business days
- Administer a final exam or evaluation during the final exam week as required by Drexel University guidelines
- Participate in assurance of learning evaluations administered for the purposes of accreditation or retention.
- Uphold the Drexel University academic integrity policy
- Maintain communication with the Director of the School of Economics or relevant program coordinator regarding course or student issues
- Participate in online human resources training related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Other course related duties as determined by LeBow and Drexel policies
- Masters or doctoral degree in economics, business, or related field
- One year of teaching or at least three years professional experience
Practitioner / consultant
LeBow College of Business, 3220 Market St
PA 19104 Philadelphia , United States