Amazing student experiences, state-of-the-art facilities, and opportunities to make your place in the world.UPEI continues to excel in student enrolment, research, and faculty awards.ADS Level 4 - Administrative Assistant - Faculty of BusinessCompetition Number:Contract:Term:
As soon as possible until August 30, 2019 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Faculty of Business requires an ADS Level 4 to provide receptionist and administrative support, reporting to the Dean and designated employee. The successful applicant will be the first point of contact for the Faculty of Business and will be required to provide administrative support to full-time and part-time faculty.
- Provide reception duties for the Faculty of Business, which includes but not limited to: greeting the public, screening calls, and answering or re-directing queries by phone and email
- Maintain and organize the reception area in Faculty of Business
- Monitor the faculty website to ensure it is updated and accurate
- Organize meetings, prepare agendas, record and distribute minutes
- Book rooms for faculty and student
- Maintain updated lists of committee memberships and provide support to committees
- Submit and follow-up on maintenance requests
- Monitor schedules and appointments; book travel and prepare itineraries
- Assist with the preparation of forms for APCC
- Maintain filing systems
- Monitor and schedule the maintenance of general office equipment
- Answer student inquiries with respect to programs, course offerings, and timetable
- Prepare and distribute correspondence
- Maintain up to date distribution lists and the Faculty of Business directory
- Coordinate the collection of course syllabi and teaching evaluations
- Assist with the organization of conferences, workshops, and other special events organized through the Faculty of Business
- Coordinate and distribute student evaluations of teaching surveys
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Grade 12 graduation, and successful completion of a two year post secondary program in a related office program
- Excellent knowledge and skills in word processing, email, internet searching, database management and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and Gmail)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and be adaptable to a variety of situations in a fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Knowledge of UPEI and its operation would be an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
UPEI encourages all qualified applicants to apply for job openings; however, in keeping with the terms and provisions of the university’s various employment and collective agreements, first priority will be given to internal candidates.
550 University Ave, Charlottetown 1-800-606-UPEI or 902-628-4353