Assistant professor / lecturer
Would you like to make a major step forward in your academic career? WU offers ideal conditions to help you achieve that goal.
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) is the largest business university in the European Union and is centrally located at the heart of Europe, with over 23,000 students and roughly 2,300 employees working in teaching, research, and administration. WU’s modern campus, right next door to Vienna’s expansive Prater Park, offers impressive, award-winning architecture and an excellent working environment. The Institute for International Economics is currently inviting applications for an
Assistant Professor, non-tenure track
Fulltime, 40 hours/week
The successful candidate will be based in the Institute of International Economics and will
- enrich and extend the research of the Department of Economics by publications in high quality international Journals
- contribute to the department's effort in acquiring third party funded research projects
- contribute to the department's teaching portfolio in Applied Economics that encompasses the Bachelor, Master and PhD Level
- provide guidance to less senior researchers at the department
- contribute to the administrative and organizational tasks of the institute and the department
The successful candidate should
- have a doctoral degree or PhD in Economics or a closely related field
- have a focus in her or his research in the field of international economics
- have a focus on using quantitative and/or empirical research methods
- be international in his/her career perspectives
- have already a promising publication record as evidenced by publications (or progress towards publications) in high quality international scientific journals and by aquiring third party funded projects
- have a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching
- non-German speaking candidates are expected to acquire knowledge of workable German
The gross monthly salary is € 3,803.90.
This employee position will be limited until October 31, 2023, starting on November 01, 2019 (commencement date subject to change).
If you are interested in a job with diverse responsibilities in a pleasant, stimulating work environment, please submit your application by October 09, 2019 under www.wu.ac.at/jobs (ID 373).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!