Assistant professor / lecturer
The Department of Economics, Finance, Insurance and Risk Management at the University of Central Arkansas invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Finance to begin in August 2022. In keeping with the University’s mission, we especially encourage applicants who further our goal of cultural, ethnic, racial, and gender diversity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Full-time position as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics, Finance, Insurance and Risk Management in Conway, Arkansas. Strong candidates will be able to teach a suitable range of classes, maintain an active program of research, and provide appropriate service to the department, university, community and profession.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Potential or demonstrated ability to teach a range of courses in the area of Finance and related business disciplines
• Potential or demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate and graduate students
• Potential or demonstrated ability to teach in traditional, hybrid, and online settings
• Knowledgeable about the process for sustaining a program of research and successfully navigating the publication process
• Ability to provide rigorous and engaging teaching experiences
• Ability to promote a culture of inclusivity and support for diverse students
Skills Considered Essential for Success
-Knowledge of the organization and administration of higher education.
-Knowledge of student development theory.
-Knowledge of state, federal, and university rules, regulations, and procedures.
-Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
-Ability to compile statistics into reports.
-Ability to work collaboratively and independently with common goals as a part of a team.
-Ability to make sound judgments and assist in resolving student concerns.
-Effective interpersonal communication, writing, and organizational abilities.
-Civility in all interactions of a public or confidential nature.
-Demonstrate follow-up contacts and consultations in a timely manner.
Required Education and/or Experience
Must have a Ph.D./Doctorate in Finance, or closely related field.