Assistant professor / lecturer
We are looking for a Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor Economics of Food Supply Chains
The Business Economics Group at Wageningen University seeks candidates for an academic appointment in the domain of economics of food supply chains. Responsibilities for this position include teaching courses on quantitative economic methods and business economics at undergraduate and graduate levels; the exact portfolio of courses depends on the specific experience and skills of the candidate. The candidate is expected to develop an internationally recognised research program in the domain of quantitative economic analysis of firms in food supply chains. The successful candidate is expected to generate external financial support for this research and undertake innovative education projects.
- As an Assistant/Associate Professor in the Business Economics group you are expected to have:
- a PhD in (applied) economics or business economics;
- interest and expertise in addressing the financial or economic dimensions of the food chain relationships from a firm-level perspective;
- preferably some years of experience in a similar position or as a postdoctoral researcher;
- proven ability to publish in peer reviewed scientific journals;
- the ability to work in international research teams;
- excellent (interpersonal) communication and writing skills;
- excellent didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students at BSc, MSc and PhD level
you as talented scientist a challenging career trajectory called Tenure Track. From the position of Assistant/Associate Professor you are expected to develop into a full professor with your own research account. Training and coaching are provided and (international) cooperation is stimulated.
We offer you a temporary contract for three years for 38 hours per week, which can lead to a permanent employment contract. Gross salary: € 50,578 to € 78935 (assistant professor) and from € 70,324 to € 94000 (associate professor) annually, based on full time employment and dependent on expertise and experience.
Wageningen University is a leading institution in the area of life sciences. The Business Economics Group is one of the chair groups in the university comprising 12 faculty and around 30 PhD candidates. The research of this group focuses on evaluation of the economic performance and investments of firms in food supply chains, risk management, and economics of animal health, plant health and food safety. The research domain encompasses all economic actors in international food supply chains. The group conducts research for national and international government institutions (e.g. EU and ERA-NET financed projects) and actively participates in international networks of researchers. More information about the Business Economics Group can be found at : https://www.wur.nl/en/Research-Results/Chair-groups/Social-Sciences/Business-Economics-Group.htm
Do you want to join our group? We offer you an opportunity.
Please apply online by uploading your CV, three reference letters and letter of application describing your background and fit to the job description before the 1st of July 2019 through www.wageningenur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm