Executive / senior industry position
The Associate Director, Financial Operations plays a critical role in the organization, and exercises oversight of functions including accounting and finance, systems, and regulatory/quality assurance in support of operations and service objectives. Providing strategic direction and oversight of work processes, policies and procedures.
- Oversight of the financial operations including; Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Accounting. To implement operational procedures to ensure that the payments are made and received in a timely manner
- Analyse the financial and accounting transactions. Ensuring compliance with departmental policies, practices and procedures and adherence to regulatory requirements
- Accurate and timely closing of accounting period-ends; reviewing reconciliations, such as the general bank reconciliation, and ensuring appropriate follow-up is taken to keep account records current
- Liaises with the universities Bank for general banking needs, ensuring proper systems and controls are up-to-date
- Working closely with the Director, analyse and resolve the financial issues
- Evaluates new processes, develops and maintains appropriate internal controls. Development and updates to policies and procedures when required
- Maintains related information systems and services, and ensures that system implementations and enhancements are evaluated and effectively implemented
Leadership and Other
- Works closely with the Director on the development and evaluation of the departments goals and/or objectives
- Works collaboratively with the Associate Director of Financial Reporting to deliver exemplary services and expertise to support the University’s goals
- Provides effective leadership and direction to employees by establishing objectives and priorities, and fostering effective communication and cooperation of the team
- Evaluates and supervises employees in accordance with the collective agreement and University policies; ensures appropriate training and opportunities for professional development
- Minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in an accounting environment
- Demonstrated management experience, resulting in meeting deadlines, service quality, staff productivity, and systems efficiency
- Proves interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and maintain confidentiality
- Strong technical abilities and financial systems experience, including Microsoft Office (Excel and Access), and integrated ERP systems (Banner)
The University of the Fraser Valley has four campus locations within the beautiful Fraser Valley in British Columbia. Recognized as one of BC's top employers, UFV offers a combination of career and lifestyle benefits. Join a team of 1,400 passionate professionals who value integrity, inclusivity and excellence. At UFV, you will serve a vibrant community, and shape the future of 15,000 students.
How to apply
To apply, direct your application, including evidence of appropriate qualifications, referring to Posting #2020.130, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Selection Advisory Committee will begin reviewing applications on June 9, 2020; however, the position will remain open until filled.
The University of the Fraser Valley is situated on the unceded traditional territory of the Stó:lō peoples. The Stó:lō have an intrinsic relationship with what they refer to as S'olh Temexw (Our Sacred Land); therefore, we express our gratitude and respect for the honour of living and working in this territory.