The School of Economics and Finance, Faculty of Business and Law, QUT is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor/Professor within the disciplines of Economics and/or Finance. This appointment will be offered on an ongoing, full-time basis. The successful candidate will be internationally recognised for their outstanding contributions to the discipline through their research, learning and teaching, leadership and engagement.
The School of Economics and Finance
The School of Economics and Finance is one of the five Schools in the Faculty of Business and Law and is comprised of approximately 42 academic staff within the fields of Economics, Econometrics, Finance, and Property Economics.
Our academics conduct research in several fields with a strong focus on publication quality and impact. The School has an active research environment that provides opportunities for both academics and higher degree students to interact regularly. The School is home to the Centre for Behavioural Economics, Society and Technology (BEST) and the National Centre for Econometric Research (NCER).
We deliver teaching programs in the Economics and the Finance undergraduate majors within the Business degree, the Property Economics undergraduate degree, the postgraduate major in Applied Finance, and the graduate certificate in Behavioural Economics. We also teach within the MBA programme and collaborate with other Schools and Faculties in delivering units of our expertise where they are needed.
More information about the School of Economics and Finance and the Faculty of Business and Law may be found at the QUT website https://www.qut.edu.au/.
Selection Criteria for the Position
- A PhD in a directly related discipline.
- An outstanding established track record (including evidence of citations) of publishing in world-leading, internationally recognised journals in Economics/Finance, and any other evidence of international recognition for research.
- A strong pipeline of research-in-progress including papers currently under review.
- Evidence of disciplinary or interdisciplinary research programs, demonstrating the manner in which teams were formed and mentored.
- Evidence of the ability to provide leadership in the advancement of the discipline in a way that builds research capacity and drives a high performance and collaborative culture.
- Demonstrated skill in managing all aspects of the research lifecycle that starts with engaging successfully with others and goes through to the production and communication of high quality and impactful outcomes that benefit stakeholders.
- Evidence of the ability to leverage industry, government and community engagement to foster innovation and collaboration.
- Evidence of distinguished and innovative contributions to teaching and learning across the student body (from undergraduate, postgraduate, higher degree, executive etc).
How to Apply
For further information and to apply, please visit https://www.qut.edu.au/careers for reference number 211059.
Applicants should submit:
- A current resume including a list of publications
- A statement of claims addressing the selection criteria
- The names and contact details of two (2) referees
Applications Close: 1 November 2021
2 George Street