Researcher / analyst
IHS Markit’s Loan Reference Data product services internal clients as well as external clients and is focused on providing loan data and tracking to be used in the broader marketplace.
Loan Reference Data (LRD) Operations is a liaison between clients, IHS Markit WSOWeb, IHS Markit WSOData and IHS Markit Loan Pricing. The team analyzes, handles and organizes all the initial data deal setup. IHS Markit currently has an opening for a Loan Reference Data Product Analyst to assist with the day-to-day operations of the business. The role also includes enhancing existing practices and alternatives to ensure smooth delivery of data. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues globally in Dallas, New York and London.
Duties & accountabilities
- Analyze all aspects of the new deal closing, credit agreements, amendments and restructures
- Process data, manage exceptions, creation of new assets, and interact with clients
- Provide written emails to management with the audit findings and trend analysis
- Create new loans in IHS Markit WSOData and set up current contracts and amortization schedules
- Create new assets in IHS Markit WSOWeb (Bonds, CDS, ABS, Equities)
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve data and auditing
- Maintain documentation library by requesting and updating documents
- Manage all loan identifiers
- Protect the business through documentation, policies and procedures, metrics and data validations
- Interact with appropriate individual/entities to gather all pertinent information to reflect the
accuracy of the referential data
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work in fast paced environment
- Must be able to document processes thoroughly and be well organized
- Detail oriented and shows initiative
- Advance Excel skills, working knowledge with MS Office, Access Database and SQL query
Business preferred but not required
Knowledge of Moody’s and S&P corporate rating structure and methodology is a plus
The candidate must be a self-starter, adapt to dynamics of the work environment, ability to multitask, meet tight timelines, hardworking, efficient with good analytical skills.
Being a team player is a vital aspect of the position, and it is expected that the candidate will work well individually, as well as in a global team environment coordinating well within Team as well across other Teams