Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
Function: Corporate & Business Development
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
The Business Development Manager position is critical to the continued growth and success of our implant medical business. The position will drive new business with new and existing accounts, account management, promoting brand awareness of our product lines and looking for strategic innovative development opportunities in new markets and new medical applications. A large focus will be on successfully penetrating large orthopedic OEM target accounts, supporting projects and growing business in those accounts.
- Assist in developing and executing a 5 year business and marketing plans and aligning these with the global business and marketing plans
- Establish relationships with key Target OEMs and major players in the respective area of business development (orthopedic industry)
- Identify key trends and needs in this industry to introduce the usage of polymer materials in a broad range of implant device projects directly with OEMs and integrate Evonik into their supply chain
- Determine additional products, features etc. needed to differentiate Evonik from other competition
- Develop market information including competing products, technologies and companies, market size, growth, profitability, product specifications, customer needs and recommend strategic actions and potential partnerships in all steps of the value chain
- Identify and participate through strategic networking strategies - relevant conferences, technical seminars, trade meetings, etc. to make new contacts and identify new development opportunities
- Comply with and utilize the necessary Evonik systems for customer tracking, communication, call reports, etc
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required – Engineering degree preferred complimented by a minimum 5 years of proven sales track record in the medical implant device industry calling directly on OEM’s (orthopedic industry a plus)
- Knowledge about metal and polymer materials in implant devices
- Proven market development performance in emerging technologies
- Firm understanding of the basic financial and marketing techniques used to evaluate projects / products / markets
- Strong technical background with an ability to engage in technical discussions with customers/partners
- Good written and communication skills and must be willing to present to customers one-one-one, small groups and lecture at events
- Experienced skills in Microsoft software applications
- Ability to travel 40%
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 123692
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.
Executive / senior industry position