Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CLASSICS, MODERN LANGUAGES AND LINGUISTICSSERVICE ASSISTANT (P2752A) Deadline: September 12, 2019 Scope
Reporting to the Department Administrator, the incumbent provides information and assistance to the public regarding departmental operations on a personal basis or by telephone; takes and directs messages and mail and assists the Chair and Department Administrator when requested with routine secretarial activities.
- Respond to in-person, email, and telephone inquiries related to departmental operations, schedules, classroom location, and office hours.
- Screen and forward telephone calls; direct messages; sort and distribute mail.
- Create and maintain up-to-date documents regarding departmental operations (e.g. photocopy accounts, program pamphlets, course schedules, office hours, departmental lists).
- Maintain documentation providing assistance for new and returning faculty.
- Collect and submit detailed information for textbook orders; ensure examinations are duly submitted to and picked up from the Examinations Office.
- Perform routine secretarial duties as requested by the Department Administrator (prepare documents for shredding, photocopying and distributing material) and assist the Department Administrator as required.
- Effect required work related to classroom/seminar room bookings and changes, class cancellations, course evaluations, key requests.
- Monitor maintenance of office material (photocopier, computers, printers, furniture); coordinate the ordering of office supplies; coordinate office moves.
- Prepare files for new students and maintain students files for all programs including the scanning of advising material as required; prepare and post mass-mailing (paper and email) to students.
- Maintain professional appearance of lobby area by updating bulletin boards and documents displayed.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) and two to four years of related work experience in a front line position; previous experience working in an academic department desirable.
- Knowledge of the University’s academic policies and procedures an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate with students and faculty, give and interpret detailed information/explanations and to write correspondence; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French in order to provide general information and to respond to in-person and telephone queries.
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word (to format documents, letters and forms) and of Excel (to create spreadsheets and input data); knowledge of electronic mail and experience using the internet.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive attitude; initiative, and ability to work with frequent interruptions.
Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE255-14A and that the associated salary range is $25.27 - $30.00 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 12, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Montreal, Quebec, CanadaMontreal, Quebec, Canada