Executive / senior industry position, administration
Expires: April 30th, 2020
On behalf of our client, Options Northwest Personal Support Services, we are seeking a Director, Finance and Administration to join their team in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Options Northwest is a community-based, non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to respecting the right of people to live life their way. Through personalized Options, they collaborate with people and community partners to develop and offer creative personal and clinical services for individuals.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Finance and Administration shall be accountable as a Senior Manager, supporting the overall strategic direction of the organization. This position is responsible for a portfolio that includes but is not limited to creatively responding to the needs of the sector and people within the sector requiring services from Options through the direction, management and efficient operation of all aspects of Finance and Administration management including: financial reporting and audit preparations and oversight of all accounting processes, purchasing, management information systems, asset inventory, records administration, forms, administrative and reception support, property management, and community initiatives (including Individualized Funding, Passport Funding), as well as, participation in and presentations at Board Meetings.
The Director shall be accountable to operate in accordance with policies, procedures and Ministry guidelines and directives as well as the Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008 and the Quality Assurance Measures along with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and any other relevant legislation. As a strong advocate for individuals and families, the Director shall have a strong belief in and demonstrate performance for the agency vision, mission, and philosophy. Experience related to understanding, managing and providing direction during challenging, high stress or crisis situations together with effective oral and written communication skills is required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A diploma/degree from a recognized college or university in Business Administration/Finance or other appropriate program
- Minimum of five years’ experience at a management level and preferred three years senior management level
- Proven work experience includes successfully engaging, leading and managing people, optimal critical incident decision making, effectively developing and controlling multiple budgets, as well as policy development within the non-profit, registered charity sector
- Previous experience with all aspects of the accounting
- Knowledge of information systems and administration
- A knowledge and understanding of legislation critical to the role, including the Services and Supports to promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008, and the Quality Assurance Measures (Regulation 299/10), and the Occupational Health and Safety Act) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Effective and highly evolved leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong relationship building skills & public relations skills are an asset
- A general knowledge of trends for supporting persons with disabilities
- The ability to work independently, work flexible hours couples with a strong commitment to the organization and needs to the department is imperative
- Current certification in First Aid with CPR and Health and Safety Certification (or a willingness to obtain) and a commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Suitable computer skills, including knowledge of and experience with accounting software, Microsoft Office products and other information systems
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and use of own vehicle as well as ability to carry and use a mobile device
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to email@example.com or call Kamalita Ketler at 204.336.6107.
Room 115-6, A.E. McKenzie Building 270 - 18th Street