Executive / senior industry position
The Distribution Sales Director is accountable for revenue generation in the APAC territory by overseeing and working with our distribution partners throughout all aspects of the sales process.
In addition to ownership of the regional distribution sales targets, this individual is responsible for new product and ongoing training of the distributors, sales forecasting (instrumentation, consumables, service), and ongoing evaluation of our sales channel efficiency, and ensures compliance and be accountable for keeping risk profile within the region’s norms and standards.
The individual works very closely with the Field Applications Scientists, as well as Senior Management & Finance, to leverage and develop key distributor and customer relationships.
• Oversee distributor relationships throughout the assigned territory.
• Work with our distribution partners to develop cohesive tactical and strategic sales plans in order to meet or exceed sales targets. Working directly with distributors and local Waters Teams.
• Work with Senior Management to evaluate sales channel efficiency throughout the region on an ongoing basis and make changes where appropriate.
• Oversee new distributor onboarding as well as ongoing training for existing partners to maximize revenue & compliance.
• Accurately forecast sales opportunities to management team through our CRM and other means
• Act as business development coach to grow the Channel Partner capability, and optimize channel partner portfolio; leverage synergies across WATERS
• Conduct sales calls, seminars, workshops, and presentations for current and potential customers throughout the region in partnership with our distributors.
• Create a culture of highest integrity and compliance within Channel Partner.
• Work actively with Technical Support and Field Applications to ensure customer satisfaction
• Work with various stakeholders to ensure training on and adoption of new products and applications throughout the region
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related science and may have an advanced degree, certification or additional professional training.
• Min of 7 years of relevant experience (including 5+ years in life science sales, distribution management, or other customer facing commercial roles)
• Capital equipment sales experience is strongly preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of the sales process (lead generation, quoting, purchasing, revenue recognition) as well as a good understanding of funnel management.
• Knowledge and understanding of ADD technical requirement here
• Ideally possesses a working knowledge of the Pharma, Bio-Pharma & Food Science marketplace, including XYZ
• Ability to travel up to 60% or as needed
• Strong analytical skills and ability to conduct technical presentations
• Requires excellent communication skills, verbal, and written in English – other Asian languages advantageous (Mandarin, Japanese, Korea etc.)
• Strong ethics, integrity and compliance orientation
• Authentic leader
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Share on your newsfeed