Job number: UOL03595
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 48 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Job Reference: RCREQ0004358
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. It`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three departments:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics and Management
- Department of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s leading international financial centre and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub at the heart of Europe.
In the context of the Doctoral Training Unit on DIgitaLisation Law And INnovation (DTU DILLAN) Professor Isabelle Riassetto is opening one funded PhD position. The doctoral candidate is expected to develop and work on a project relating to robo-advisory and investment funds/asset management. Topics may include (but are not limited to) Robo-advisory and Civil Liability, Robo-advisory and Suitable Investment, Robo-advisory and Compliance in the Field of Investment Funds, Artificial Intelligence and Asset Management, Robo-advisory and Investor Protection.
- The doctoral candidate will conduct research under the guidance of Prof. Riassetto with the aim of studying towards a PhD in Law
- The doctoral candidate will publish research results and present them at conferences, workshops, etc
- S/he shall contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials
- Master’s degree in Law
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in French and in English. A third language would be an asset
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Excellent communication and team working skills are required
- Fully-funded 4-year position
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment and the possibility to work within a research team focused on digitalization, computer science and law
- Travel opportunities for training and learning
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Completed online application form;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Copies of university degrees (to the extent possible, please include university transcripts and official details of class rank);
- A research proposal linked to the topic(s) advertised (2000 words-long, containing an explanation of the topic, its scientific background and why the applicant considers it to be important; a research question and the specific aim of the research proposal; methodology; timeline for completion, and a short bibliography);
- Two letters of recommendation by professors familiar with the applicant's academic legal training commenting on the applicant's ability to conduct academic research;
- Proof of language proficiency in English and / or French if those languages are not the mother tongue of the applicant.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. WiFi on campus. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …