IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and / or duty stations d epending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The main objective of FAO country offices is to help governments develop policies, programs and projects aimed at ensuring food security and reducing hunger and malnutrition, contributing to the development of the agricultural, fishing sectors. and forestry, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Emergency Operations Specialist will work under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative within the country team, in consultation with the technical and support units, including the Office for Emergencies and FAO Resilience (OER) and collaboration with external partners.
Area of specialization
Oversee operational support to the field program, including emergency, rehabilitation and development projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Operations Specialist will coordinate the Operations Unit to monitor and manage and day-to-day operations of the full cycle and execution of projects to ensure proper implementation. In particular, he / she:
- Be the focal point for all operational issues of the field program, organize and manage daily operational actions in support and consultation with project supervisors;
- Prepare coordination meetings for the management of projects and programs and provide the secretariat;
- Liaise with the procurement unit on time (staff, technical support services, subcontracts, training, procurement of equipment and supplies);
- Coordinate the preparation of project and program work plans, monitor and identify corrective measures;
- Monitor the budget management of all projects and programs, initiate revisions as needed, analyze and alert on expenditure and budget resources, in order to avoid accounting errors;
- Prepare and submit project implementation reports and any other reports required by the Organization;
- Ensure the completeness and quality of data and documentation in FAO institutional systems (eg GRMS, FPMIS);
- Prepare analytical reports on project performance as required;
- Coordinate the opening and closing of projects;
- Contribute to the formulation of project proposals according to FAO procedures and prepare project documents for technical approval and final approval under the various funding;
- Perform other duties as needed.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITH REGARD TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
Minimum conditions to be fulfilled
- Advanced university degree in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, social sciences or other field related to FAO's mandate;
- Five years of relevant experience in project / operations management and support, experience with FAO or other UN agencies is preferred;
- Fluent knowledge of French (level C) and English (level C).
Basic skills required by FAO
- Be results oriented
- To have team spirit
- Communication skills
- Building constructive relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Experience working in more than one place or area of work, particularly in field positions, is desirable;
- Extent and relevance of experience in the formulation, analysis, planning, monitoring and implementation of programs / projects;
- Understanding of FAO policies and programs is considered a major asset;
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting and guiding the implementation of complex multi-stakeholder projects;
- Ability to develop plans for the implementation and coordination of project operations in developing countries, in partnership with UN agencies and other relevant stakeholders and / or partners;
- Knowledge of United Nations administrative, operational and financial procedures is an asset.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU / UNESCO list
If you are in possession of language certificate / s from UN accredited external providers and / or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT), please attach the certificate / s when submitting the application.
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT