Full-time flexible, 25-35 hr/wk (contract)
Local Investment Toward Employment (LITE) is a registered charity that creates job and training experiences for people facing barriers to employment. In addition to creating jobs, we offer actionoriented economic development opportunities for individuals and social enterprises in Winnipeg.
LITE partners with 20+ community-based organizations, as well as independent contractors, volunteer associations and businesses every year.
The Event and Sponsorship Coordinator works with LITE staff and volunteers to deliver up to 2 major events per year, and provides “behind the scenes” support to up to 6-8 smaller events per year, including educational activities / seminars, all with the purpose of creating employment and sector development opportunities. The Event and Sponsorship Coordinator directly creates 75+ training and job experiences a year, and generates 7-12% of LITE’s annual budget through cash sponsorships and event ticket sales.
Reporting to LITE’s Executive Director, the Event and Sponsorship Coordinator develops new relationships with potential sponsors, including doing cold-calling and relationship building, and helps draft and document sponsorship agreements.
With staff, develop a sponsorship plan that builds on and expands LITE’s partnerships with small business and corporate sponsorships.
Manage documentation of sponsorship contracts, with appropriate approvals from the executive director.
Events and Education Activities
- Lead the coordination of LITE’s annual fundraiser, the Wild Blueberry Pancake Breakfast, and holiday market.
- Work alongside LITE staff and volunteers to plan and execute fundraising and education events throughout the year with a set budget, including updating event pages (web and Facebook), and developing posters and communication materials (eg. Mailchimp).
- Prepare email and social media messaging to various audiences on upcoming events/educational activities.
- Track training and job experiences outcomes via event activities.
- Work with the executive director and volunteers to identify and solicit sponsorship relationships for events and LITE programming.
- Identify and develop sponsorship opportunities.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate & small business sponsors , including in-kind sponsorships.
- Help develop communication materials in support of sponsorships.
- Track relationship leads and progress, and help prepare sponsorship reports and invoices.
- Experience managing a busy schedule
- Experience with relationship management via a database or Excel
- Comfortable meeting and networking new people for the purpose of developing relationships
- Tack and non-judgemental attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft office; Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Strong communications skills, written and oral
- Friendly, positive attitude, motivated to learn and works well in a team environment
- Experience working in a non-profit environment and with boards, volunteers and committees are assets
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle would be an asset
- Experience or knowledge of multiple and complex job barriers as it affect people experiencing poverty in Winnipeg. Knowledge as well as willingness to learn about employment barriers, and the role that trauma, gender, race and colonialism play in creating employment barriers
This is a contract position from September 1 to February 28, 2021, with possibility of renewal.
Compensation is $18-20/hr, commensurate with experience. A health benefits package is available after three months of employment.
Please state in your cover letter how your experience is relevant to the position, and what you think you have to offer to the organization.
LITE is committed to employment equity. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify on their covering letter if they are of Indigenous, Metis, New Canadian and/or Visible Minority.
Deadline: Please send resume with cover letter and 2 references by email to Tyler Pearce [she/her], Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application Events and Sponsorship” no later than 4 PM, Friday, August 14, 2020.
Applications may also be dropped off to the office: 2nd floor, 765 Main Street (The Social Enterprise Centre)
LITE thanks all applicants for applying, however only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
*What do we mean by “full time flexible”? Although we have enough work for a full-time position, we know that some great candidates would prefer or need less hours, especially as they balance family or childcare needs.
CiviCRM maintained by a Cooperative, Symbiotic |