We are looking for an experienced economist to work in the Economic and Market Analysis team. The selected candidate will research and monitor the economic and financial performance of a set of euro area countries and the euro area as a whole. The selected person will report to the Head of Economic and Market Analysis.
The European Stability Mechanism (“ESM”) is the permanent crisis resolution mechanism for euro area countries. It provides financial assistance to Members facing financing problems, and issues debt instruments to fund this financial support.
The ESM is a unique place to work with around 175 individuals committed to making a difference to the future of the euro area. It recruits talented professionals from every nationality from both the private and public sector.
- Monitor and analyse macroeconomic and financial market developments in euro area member states and the euro area as a whole;
- Build analytical models that provide insight into the macroeconomic performance of euro area countries;
- Produce research and publications on relevant topics related to the ESM role as a crisis resolution organisation;
- Produce analytical reports that help the organisation to monitor euro area developments;
- Contribute to policy design and to the translation of analytical results into operational action;
- Coordinate cross-functional team activities;
- Monitor the global macroeconomic environment more broadly;
- Support ESM’s interactions with the various economic and research teams of peer organisations in the euro area and globally, in particular with the ECB, the European Commission, and the IMF.
KEY BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate at Master or PhD level, preferably in economics or finance
- An academic publication track record is a plus
- Extensive experience combining economic research, macro/fiscal monitoring and policy work as conducted on international financial institutions
- Excellent knowledge of macroeconomics
- Good mastery of econometric modeling
- IT literacy
- Fluency in English (CEFR C2 level or equivalent), including very good drafting skills
- Analytical and technical excellence
- Intellectual curiosity
- Team spirit
- Attention to detail, academic rigour
Contract duration: Three-year fixed term contract.
The ESM aims to provide equal opportunity to all candidates irrespective of their gender, nationality, age, race, culture, education, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability. To further enhance the diversity of our workforce, we particularly encourage women to apply.
Faculty / researcher
6a, Circuit de la Foire Internationale