Practitioner / consultant
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a full-time Economics Instructor. A full-time faculty member is expected to maintain high standards of professionalism and high academic standards of professionalism and high academic standards. At least 40 hours per week are to be spent in the following: direct instruction; preparation and evaluation of instruction; accessibility to students; committee assignments; advising and service to the college and community. Faculty may be assigned a teaching schedule that includes any college location, and at times that meet student, program and college needs.
Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
Master’s degree in Economics from a regionally accredited institution, or a Master’s degree in a related field that includes at least 18 graduate hours in Economics from a regionally accredited institution.
Desire to work in a collaborative, learner-centered environment focused on student learning and success.
- Teaching experience in Higher Education.
- Teaching experience to include active and collaborative learning techniques.
- Experience using alternative instructional delivery systems.
- Ability to guide students from a variety of educational backgrounds.
- Familiarity with ACBSP standards and criteria for accreditation.
- Active participation in relevant professional organizations.
Duty and Responsibility:
1. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.
2. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).
3. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.
4. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.
5. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.
6. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.
7. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.
8. Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.
9. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.
10. Adhere to College policies and procedures.
11. Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.
12. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.
Practitioner / consultant
1333 Jake Alexander Blvd S
NC 28146 Salisbury , United States