Mid-level industry position
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain up to date control and monitoring of project general accounts, including supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy and validity of charges, following FAO operative and administrative procedures as indicated in the Organization´s financial rules.
- Manage and safeguard financial and accounting management, and development of financial plans and control of disbursements
- Review and investigate erroneous charges and take corrective accounting actions.
- Prepare draft cost estimates and budget proposals, and participate in RECLIMA budget analysis and projections.
- Extract details of income, expenditures, assets and liability from the accounting system in order to analyze and verify accuracy and validity.
- Present monthly financial reports to the Programme Manager, including budget variance analysis and analysis of commitments against income.
- Provide financial analysis to support the Programme Manager to make appropriate programmatic and financial decisions that will lead to the attainment of objectives set out in the project workplan.
- Support the Programme Manager, and ensure the preparation of financial statements and project mid and final evaluations as per FAO and GCF requirements.
- Compile and consolidate financial data from various sources, giving follow up to the corresponding delivery on time;
- Adapt service provision to meet changing needs and solve operational problems as required.
- Ensure and maintain up to date records of all the project ongoing financial matters included in the project work plan.
- Undertake financial analysis related to the outcomes, outputs and indicators reflected in the M&E system and the Results Framework.
- Prepare project official correspondence for financial matters and respond to all related queries.
- Support the AFAOR Administration in the review of financial and operational information relating to grant processes and implementation, including procurement, budgets, work plans and financial management aspects (accounting systems, internal control mechanisms, audit arrangements etc.).
- Support the AFAOR Administration in the workflow, preparation and execution of Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, grants and asset management.
- Take part in procurement evaluation panels when needed and collaborate with FAO staff to ensure all contractual documents are well drafted and comprehensively covering the substantial elements of the funded activities.
- Participate in field visits, and give financial inputs and guidance (written and verbal) to the Program Officers and in-country actors.
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor degree or advance studies in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related fields
- 5 years of proven experience in finance and administration of projects with international funding
- Working knowledge (level C) of Spanish
- Limited knowledge (level B) of English
- National of El Salvador