Executive / senior industry position
Primary Objective of Position
The Director MSL Team is a field-based position that will manage a 5 member MSL team based on the east coast. The Director is an integral part of the Medical Science Liaison Team and is responsible for executing MSL focused strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Manage the 5 member east coast based MSL Team
- Through partnership with the Senior Director and the other Director counterpart, co-lead the creation and implementation of MSL Oncology Field strategies for the entire MSL team.
- Co-lead the communication of MSL team achievement updates to appropriate internal partners and levels of management
- Recruit, select and hire a qualified and diverse work force for the East MSL team.
- Ensure each MSL territory plan is strategic, up to date and actionable.
- Direct Medical Science Liaison resources to ensure continuity of stakeholder engagement
- Guide and coach MSLs to help them reach their highest potential
- Identify national and regional thought leaders for a designated therapeutic area within a defined geography
- Identify opportunities to work with the medical community; discuss research and medical information and facilitate initiation of clinical research studies, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a high level of therapeutic area, disease state and product expertise
- Attend regional and national professional medical and patient society meetings to learn, gather clinical and business insights and support corporate activities.
- Appropriately document interactions and act in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- In collaboration with other Medical Affairs team members, develop MSL training materials and facilitate team training
- Serve as a key clinical and scientific resource. Build and foster productive professional relationships and partnerships with key KOLs. Identify opportunities to partner with KOLs on disease state or therapeutic initiatives
- Effectively deliver medical and scientific presentations to diverse audiences, including physicians, pharmacists, nurses, payers, and internal staff
- Oversee submission and discussion of independent investigator sponsored trials
- Contribute to the development of medical affairs materials such as slide decks, abstracts, or manuscripts
- Support and facilitate speaker training initiatives.
- Collect, analyze and interpret disease state and technical product information at medical congresses
- Partner and collaborate effectively with internal groups and serve as a clinical and scientific resource for the sales and marketing teams.
- Complete administrative responsibilities and internal projects as assigned, in a timely and accurate manner
- Conduct all activities and responsibilities in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory and corporate regulations and guidelines
Skills & Abilities
- Clinical experience in oncology preferable. Experience in breast cancer is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in the field in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry. A minimum of 2 years experience leading a field based team is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and project management abilities are required
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and partner effectively across geographic areas and cross-functional groups is essential
- Demonstrated ability to excel in smaller entrepreneurial organizations.
- Must have excellent PC skills (MS Office) and familiar with current clinical software and database tools.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that ae required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may manage employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of any employees reporting to this role within that department.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of the office are normally associated with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Puma Biotechnology Inc is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.