Assistant professor / lecturer
Expires: June 25th, 2019
Winkler and Steinbach Campuses, Regional Campuses
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number and location they are applying for in the subject line of the email.
This competition may be used to establish a 12 month eligibility list of qualified candidates for future vacancies.
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation, and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
We seek diversity in our workplace, Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Winkler and Steinbach Campuses require classroom instructors for teaching, supervision, and guidance of students in both classroom and practicum settings. This will include preparing course outlines, maintaining student records, student evaluation, development and adherence to the delivery schedule within an allocated time, attendance at scheduled meetings, ensuring curriculum content is consistent with parent program and student assignments reflect industry needs.
Courses to be filled may include but is not limited to:
- Financial Accounting,
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) is required to instruct courses in Accounting
- Significant related industry experience
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Experience working with diverse learners (adult, cultural, socioeconomic, Indigenous)
- Experience using a Learning Management System such as LEARN
- Certificate in Adult Education
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
- This position may be required to travel
- This position may be required to work overtime
Competition Number: 2019-128
Salary: $30.52 - $45.33 hourly*
*The successful candidate with a Masters or PhD in a related field will receive an Educational Supplement of $2,725 or $5,450 per annum, respectively, pro-rated on an hourly basis.
Position Location: Winkler Campus (120km outside of Winnipeg, MB), Steinbach Campus (67kms outside of Winnipeg, MB)
Position Type: Part-Time, Term Position Available
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Room 115-6, A.E. McKenzie Building 270 - 18th Street