Executive / senior industry position
Founded in 2000, the WuXi AppTec Group is the leading global pharmaceutical, medical device open-access capability and technology platform company with more than 22,000 employees across 25 locations globally. The WuXi platform is enabling more than 3,000 innovative collaborators from more than 30 countries to bring innovative healthcare products to patients, and to fulfill WuXi AppTec Group’s dream that “every drug can be made and every disease can be treated.”
WuXi Clinical, a wholly owned subsidiary of WuXi AppTec, is a global Contract Research Organization (CRO) providing a comprehensive range of services in clinical development. We provide Phase I to Phase IV clinical development services & BE (Bioequivalence), for products including pharmaceuticals, biologics, and medical devices. With expertise spanning all major therapeutic areas, we deliver the unique blend of an experienced team, combined with the creativity, responsiveness, and customer centric-focus of a highly nimble organization. This forward-thinking approach has allowed us to work on a variety of projects ranging from first-in-human products to marketed drugs and devices.
Job Summary: The Key Account Executive will identify and pursue new business opportunities at pharmaceutical, biotech, specialty pharma, diagnostic, and medical device companies, resulting in RFPs and contract project awards and achieve assigned revenue goals. This can be a remote position preferably in the New England region on the east coast of United States with significant travel post Covid -19 restrictions.
- Actively drive RFI’s to Contract, with a focus on medium to large pharma
- Work independently, and with the other team members to identify and pursue new business opportunities at pharmaceutical, biotech, specialty pharma, diagnostic, and medical device companies, resulting in RFPs and contract award and achieving assigned revenue goals
- Responsible for developing and presenting respective Company's capabilities, and coordinating face-to-face and teleconference meetings with new and existing clients
- Maintain client relationships through all stages of the procurement process: (identifying deliverables, Sponsor needs/preferences, planning and coordination of bid defenses), during contract facilitation negotiations, and during contract performance
- Represent the company at trade shows and conferences and follow-up on marketing initiatives in your territory with the intent of securing repeat and new business opportunities
- Responsible for the client and opportunity data collection and integrity in SalesForce.com
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends on rare occasions
- Contribute to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable regulations, International Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Education:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a business development role in the life sciences industry (Pharma/Biotech/CRO/Med Device) or equivalent, preferably with a full-service CRO
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Health-related or Business Management degrees preferred)
- Must have significant client contacts and track record in Boston / New England area with Biotech CRO Sales.
- Proven ability to win business, specifically in biometrics, biostatistics and/or statistical programming in mid/large pharm
- Established relationships with decision-makers and budget-holders at key accounts sufficient to convert clients from their existing vendor(s) in the near-term
- Highly independent, self-starter with an ability to take input from all levels of the organization teams to create clear and effective presentations
- Able to follow through and take accountability to lead internal teams to close deals
- Essential to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written, throughout the sales cycle and after award
- Must exhibit positive, professional demeanor in all communications; must maintain effective working relationships with internal clients
- Able to develop comprehensive Territory Plan and penetrate new territory and companies with minimal direction and management
- Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Basic understanding of FDA Guidelines, ICH, GCP, NDA, IND and other applicable regulations
- Highly focused, goal-oriented, able to prioritize well
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- If working remotely, must have access to high speed internet and knowledge/ability to resolve IT and computer related challenges through remote communication challenges
- Travel is required 50-75%, primarily domestic/infrequently international, daily/overnight
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to rent a car
- Must be able to work in an office environment, conferences, medical sites, and client offices
- Ability to stand or sit for most of the work day and travel other days
- Must be able to perform some activities with repetitive motion, such as keyboarding
- Must be able to travel for long distances in various methods of transportation (e.g. car, airplane, shuttle bus, train, etc.)
- Must be able to navigate to and from site locations, hotel, and airports with personal luggage and laptop
- If working remotely must have access to high speed internet service and have knowledge and ability to resolve IT and computer related challenges through remote communications channels
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability Click here to get started. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Executive / senior industry position