Mid-level industry position
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL Global Centre Finance Gdynia, delivers high quality services to European countries, related to Record to Report process, Accounts Payable and Receivable. Services are rendered in close collaboration with Regional Centres, together developing the Global Shared Service Finance function for DNV GL.
for our GSS Finance team based in Gdynia, Poland.
When employed, you will be a part of GSS Finance in Gdynia with focus on management bookkeeping, providing finance advisory services to organization and being involved in financial reporting and compliance process.
To succeed in this role, you should be a team player with excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills. You will be responsible for performing accounting operations. So, you have to be attentive to detail and aware of deadlines.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform quality checks of accounting activities performed by Finance Shared Service Centre in Gdynia
- Respond to requests for ad hoc analysis of various types of financial information utilizing operational and financial analytics
- Ensure month-end, quarterly and yearly tasks deliverables are met
- Assist with audit requirements
- Provide analytical support related to fixed assets
- Monitor compliance with group accounting and reporting standards
- Support implementation of finance, accounting and auditing procedures, as well as work on process improvements
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Academic degree in Finance and Accounting or comparable qualification
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in finance and accounting, knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS is an advantage)
- Experience in international finance organization is a plus
- Understanding of tax accounting principles in order to communicate effectively
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Ability to track any discrepancies to the corpe/primary transaction and implement effective resolution
- Fluent command of English (verbal and written), any additional European language is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, knowledge of Oracle (is a plus) or any other ERP system
Company & Business Area Description
We are the independent expert in risk management and quality assurance. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence. As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
DNV GL Shared Services organization is a group of experts driven by competence and motivation to support the business areas within HR, Finance, IT and Real Estate Management & Procurement.
What do you value the most?
At DNV GL you can plan a long-term career with countless opportunities for competence development in an atmosphere of mutual care and respect. Here everything starts with we - we trust and support each other, we work together, when we make mistakes, we learn from them - together.
Our most valuable assets are our people, the values we live by and how we translate them into daily life, both personal and professional. Join the company of values and see for yourself that people are what we value the most.
Meet our employees:
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Share on your newsfeed