Practitioner / consultant
As a leader in next generation, data-driven pharmaceutical services, Cytel is shaping the future of clinical development. We deliver to the market innovative analytical software for statistical analysis and simulation, best-in-class data science analytics services and high-end impact consulting. Our culture is inclusive, collaborative and results-driven with a shared commitment to quality. With operations across North America, Europe, and India, Cytel hires passionate and talented people who share its mission of ensuring the development of safe and effective health technologies.
We are hiring a Managing Consultant to join our Quantitative Strategies & Data Science Core Practice within our Strategic Consulting division. As a seasoned Biostatistician, you will leverage and broaden Cytel’s reputation for thought leadership and innovative services by leading engagements for pharmaceutical, biotech and device clients, and building and maintaining successful long-term relationships with clients in collaboration with Cytel’s business developers and other personnel related to the account. This includes developing and demonstrating thought leadership in statistical methodology for clinical development, ensuring that Cytel remains at the leading edge, and raising Cytel brand awareness and recognition throughout the industry.
As Managing Consultant, you will adapt precedent and develop innovative solutions and novel approaches to meet specific client needs by leveraging your strong foundation in statistics, broad expertise and/or unique knowledge in related areas (adaptive designs, data science, pharmacometrics …), to provide strategic advice to define optimal regulatory, clinical and/or health economic pathways and promote faster patient access to better health technologies. You will travel up to 40% and report to the VP, Strategic Consulting.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Assumes overall responsibility for assigned Strategic Consulting accounts and projects, acting as the client’s primary point of contact for Strategic Consulting engagements, developing mutually beneficial partnerships and taking ownership for the strategic needs of the client.
- Creates, identifies and leverages new business opportunities both within Strategic Consulting and across Cytel Business Units by identifying emerging customer needs and formulating appropriate solutions to meet revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Provides strategic advice on client projects, collaborating with an integrated team of Strategic Consultants and Analysts across practice lines to define optimal regulatory, clinical and/or health economic pathways. Adapts precedent and develops innovative solutions impartially selecting and combining traditional and novel approaches.
- Coordinates with the Practice Leads and the Analysis and Partnerships Groups to allocate the appropriate Internal and Network Consultants and Analysts to meet the needs of Strategic Consulting projects.
- Depending on experience, builds, manages and mentors a strong, proactive team of quantitative consultants, ensuring team utilization and margin objectives are met and the right ratio of junior to senior level consultants and analysts work as an integrated team on client projects. This includes hiring and training consultants to conduct specific activities across multiple customer sectors and practice lines.
- Ensures company and business unit policies, standards, and procedures are met.
- The position requires regular travel, substantial direct contact with senior management and executives at prospects and existing clients, and the ability to build and leverage strong interpersonal business relationships both internally and externally to Cytel, and develop long term partnerships with customer organizations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of the biopharmaceutical R&D process in combination with solid business acumen and an appreciation of the broader business issues.
- Comfortable presenting and interfacing with senior executives within the clients.
- Proven management skills with the ability to build, mentor and motivate a strong team of consultants and analysts.
- Smart with strong grammatical/technical-writing, oral communication and presentation skills, excellent use of the English language and nuanced communicator.
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, without the need for significant infrastructure and support, and with an understanding of the dynamics of high-growth companies; the ability to work effectively in a demanding, challenging, rapidly changing environment.
- Existing network of client relationships and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to gain respect of and influence management team, board members, the customer and prospect communities, and personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of the customer decision-making processes and constraints, with proven ability to develop and capture transformational opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with a global orientation, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to execute in complex situations at the tactical level.
- Experience, vision, creativity, scope, integrity, leadership skills, prestige and intellect to enhance the existing organization and constructively contribute to the strategic direction of Cytel.
- Minimum of a Masters (PhD desirable) in Mathematics, Biostatistics or a related field; MBA, MD or advanced degree highly desirable; at least 15 years of experience in the clinical trials or health research environment.
Practitioner / consultant