Executive / senior industry position
Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE TREASURER Posted on: October 10, 2019 Deadline: October 24, 2019 Scope
Reporting to the Director of Investments for evaluation and managerial purposes with a dotted line relationship to the Senior Administrator, Benefits Portfolio for related tasks allocation, the incumbent produces, analyzes and validates all financial information for the Office of the Treasurer’s Investment and Benefits portfolios, namely for three different entities: the Concordia University Foundation, the Kenneth Woods Portfolio Management Program and the Pension Plan for the Employees of Concordia University as a backup to the Financial Accountant, Financial Assets (Benefits).
- Produce and analyze the audited financial statements and year-end files for the Concordia University Foundation, the Kenneth Woods Portfolio Management Program and the Pension Plan (backup).
- Handle external audits for all three entities, including providing all documentation requested by the external auditors and answering all their questions.
- Produce and analyze the annual budgets and quarterly variances reports of the Concordia University Foundation and the Pension Plan (backup).
- Monitor and validate all financial data and transactions recorded in the University's custodian system and Fund Administrators’ reports including valuation of market values as to accuracy, timeliness and completeness, including transactions related to several sophisticated investment products such as private equity, general partnerships, etc. (includes periodic reconciliation to over forty external investment managers).
- Enter and validate all information in the Foundation’s Program Valuation Management System and reconcile to the University’s general ledger and to the custodian’s system.
- Perform all regular related tasks for the Foundation, the Kenneth Woods Portfolio Management Program and the Pension Plan (back up) including all tax and regulatory filings, the remittance of monthly contributions and the payment of invoices.
- Assume the role of back office in the settlement of financial transactions performed in-house by the investment team, such as cash positions and currency forward contracts.
- Produce the required financial reports for the portfolio’s governing committees.
- Participate in investment return calculations for all entities.
- Perform peer review of all reports produced by the Financial Accountant - Benefits for quality control purposes and as backup to the Financial Accountant – Benefits, assume all his/her tasks when absent. The same applies to the Financial Accountant – Benefits, i.e. to provide quality control assurances as well as act as a backup to the Financial Accountant – Foundations.
- Advise the Director of Investments and the Senior Administrator with respect to strategic planning, industry governance and market intelligence related to the fields of pensions and investments.
- Perform other duties as required by the Director of Investments and/or the Senior Administrator.
- Represent the Director of Investments or the Senior Administrator at any related committees as assigned and/or as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and a minimum of four to seven years of experience in investment and fund accounting.
- Professional designation/certificate (C.F.A, C.P.A, etc.) is an asset.
- Excellent financial interpretation and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret complex situations and resolve conflicts with professionalism and discretion.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Good understanding of computing and automation technologies and administrative and information systems.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 24, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Montreal, Quebec, CanadaMontreal, Quebec, Canada