Mid-level industry position
Duties & Accountabilities
- Validate the accuracy of data received from various sources. Ensure that this information is stored in databases and is accurately reflected on products by creating or running data quality checks and standards.
- Ensure the quality and time-efficient production of financial information to respective products.
- Respond to data queries from both internal and external clients and provide support to stakeholders.
- Monitor and research market events in order to anticipate changes. Ensure a deep understanding of the markets and business events.
- Work with and involve cross functional teams to provide Root Cause Analysis to identify solutions in problem areas.
- Consolidate information around the dataset leading to the establishment of best practices.
- Perform automated/semi-automated checks to ensure production of high quality content.
- Ensure MOW’s are documented and maintained.
- Coordinate and Delegate work as per team requirements
- Identify data quality improvement projects, and good design practices
- Intermediate Excel and SQL skills, including being able to write basic SQL queries.
- Proven ability to utilize data and systems tools available
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills
Education & Experience
- Graduate degree/ Post Graduate or equivalent in ideally Finance, Economics, Business, Computer Science.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of equities & capital markets. Specific knowledge around Index/ETF and Corporate Actions highly preferred.
- 2- 4 years of business operations experience and must be flexible in addressing dynamic business needs.
- Must have a strong interest in finance and also be up to date with current global financial market news.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, able to take on multiple tasks at a time, hardworking, and efficient.
- Must demonstrate superior communication skills and is expected to interact professionally across business units within the company.
- Being a team player is a vital aspect of the position, and it is expected that the candidate will work well individually, as well as in a global team environment.
- Flexible to work with Rotational shifts
IHS Markit is a leading, global financial information services company, the company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset cl asses in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Its client base includes the most significant institutional participants in the financial marketplace. For more information, please see https://ihsmarkit.com/