Savannah Technical College seeks a part-time Adjunct Economics Instructor to teach Economics courses. The successful candidate will be required to travel to and teach classes at any Savannah Technical College campus location.
This individual will report to the Social and Behavioral Science Department Head in the General Studies Division and will be responsible for the following duties (the list is not intended to be exhaustive):
- Preparing lesson plans for classroom instruction
- Evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives
- Assessing Economics students’ learning objectives
- Maintaining program certification requirements, as appropriate
- Preparing , maintaining and submitting all required documentation and administrative reports in a timely manner
- Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the classroom area
- Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students
The successful candidate must be willing to work teaching shifts that might require split teaching dates, and/or multiple campuses.
- Master’s degree in Economics or closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Economics from a regionally accredited college or university
- Excellent human-relations, interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have taught at least one year at a regionally accredited college/university
- Preference will be given to those candidates who possess working knowledge of Blackboard (course management) and Banner (student information) , or similar platforms
- Three years of full-time, paid teaching experience
- Active participation in appropriate professional/occupational organizations
Note: Only on-campus opportunities exist at this time.
Responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom environment with the employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing and pulling for up to three (3) – four (4) continuous hours at a time. The employee occasionally lifts or moves objects of a light to medium weight. Full range of hand and finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver’s history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.
5717 White Bluff Rd, Savannah
GA 31405 United States