Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) has 10 open PhD positions.
These projects are hosted by ESE and are affiliated with one of ESE’s graduate schools: ERIM or the Tinbergen Institute. ESE has a long tradition of academic and applied research, and is a leading academic institution, hosting some of the world’s foremost economists in all major areas of economics and business economics.
- For more information about ESE visit:
- For more information about the Tinbergen Institute visit http://www.tinbergen.nl
- For more information about ERIM visit: http://www.erim.eur.nl/
An overview of the individual projects is available on the:
Candidate Profile and Admission Requirements:
Potential PhD candidates are expected to have:
- MSc, MA or Mphil degree in economics, business economics or econometrics, or from a related field (depending on the PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study
- Strong and explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research
- Excellent command of English (minimum CEFR level C1)
Candidates are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with potential supervisors.
Conditions of employment
The preferred starting date of PhD appointment is September 1st, 2019.
Contract type: Temporary, 3 or 4 years.
How to apply?
The recruitment round ends on 15 January, 2019. See the individual project descriptions on the to apply.
Additional information about the application procedure can be obtained from the ESE PhD admissions office, Ms. Laurie Slegtenhorst, tel: +31 (0) 10 408 9051 (available Monday till Thursday from 9.00 to 17.00), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For academic questions about the projects please contact the project supervisors listed in the individual project description.
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
Rotterdam , Netherlands